Thursday, November 7, 2013

Hello? Hello? PPA178, STS#7




I used the sketch at Seize the Sketch this week with the wonderful color combo at Pals Paper Arts to create my card today.  I love that bold sentiment!  A simple hello is sometimes all it takes to brighten someone's day.  My favorite hello this week came from one of my very best friends who lives three hours away. It was cold and rainy when I returned from the grocery store the other day. After I pulled in the driveway I gathered some things up from the front seat, stuffed them into the front pouch of my sweatshirt, put my hood up and started to unload the groceries.  And then I heard a voice in my sweatshirt saying hello?  hello? Honest that cell phone of mine has a mind of its own! Somehow it knew that a quick call to my friend would make me laugh and feel so much better about lugging groceries in the rain.  I am going to toss that phone into my sweatshirt pouch more often and see who "calls me" next!








                                                 

17 comments:

Kerry Willard Bray said...

So stunning, Linda! The Early Espresso panel just makes the whole card pop!

Brian King said...

Absolute perfection! The sprinkling of stamps and candy dots is purely wonderful.

Shannon Jaramillo said...

What a beautiful card...I love that you stamped the sentiment over top of the stamped background. And your story is too funny! Hello? Hello? lol

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda love love love the scattered stamps.

PS: I've been known to butt dial many a friend in the past! hugs.

Just a Thought... said...

What a sweet happen stance!! Nothing makes your day better than talking to your best friend!! What an absolute lovely card!! Love your choice of stamps!! One of my favorites!!

Dawn Tidd said...

How pretty! I just ordered this set today, finally! I love the ribbon on the edge of that panel with all those fun postage stamps.

Susan Itell said...

You did it...I have been a "fence sitter" on this stamp set...but I am going for it! I love how versatile it can be! Great card!

Jen Mitchell said...

What fantastic details on this! Ruffled ribbon, a little twine and all those postage stamps make a very cool card!

Rose said...

well hello super fun card!!!! love the little postage stamps :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

Mary Fish said...

love the clean design and little 5 cent stamps.

Amy O said...

Love this, Linda! That Modern Medley dsp looks beautiful with the Crisp Cantaloupe. And I love how you've arranged the little stamps and the ribbon.

~amy~ said...

I'm a big fan of the bold sentiments too! lovely card!
Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Love your take on this sketch, Linda and the colors are just gorgeous! I think I will have to give those colors a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

karen h said...

Wonderful card! Love the mix of patterns and the flow of little stamps!

Patti MacLeith said...

I love your card and your story, Linda!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is an absolute FUN FEST explosion, I LOVE everything about this card, the BLACK, the cascading stamps, awesome!!!
Have a great day!

Rae said...

Fantastic Linda! I learn so much from your work. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent and eye for design.