Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Sparkling Holiday Season - FMS166, PP225, FM188








Christmas activities are in full swing around here.  The tree is up, my shopping is done and I am finishing the last of my holiday cards. Winter is off to an early start here so I'll be staying in the next day or two wrapping packages and baking while another foot of snow falls!  Nothing like snow to bring on the Christmas spirit!



                      My daughter's back yard last week....



That oh-so-talented gal from New Zealand - Karren -  has designed a sweet sketch for us at Freshly Made Sketches - hope you play along!  Not a flake in sight these days where she lives!

                                                

I dressed up Karren's sketch in silver and gold with embossed ornaments.  A gold cord tie and my card is ready to deliver an elegant Christmas greeting - just right for the Paper Players Challenge this week as well!

                                                    

Friday Mashup is also having a Silver/Gold/Holiday theme this week!

                                                    

20 comments:

Brian King said...

The three circles add so much to this beautiful card. They add intrigue and balance. Beautiful - as always.

stampwithamyk said...

Beautiful card Linda! Love your mix of gold and silver. Perfect for the holidays!

~amy~ said...

What a beautiful and elegant card!
Oh my, that's a ton of snow!

Karren said...

The only flake around here is me :) Seriously, though, this is one classy card - definitely black tie! PS: You should also check out Friday Mashup as this would qualify for that challenge as well.

Dawn Tidd said...

Silver and gold…I can hear Burl Ives singing! This is a stunning card and I love the mix of silver & gold!

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy O said...

Festive and elegant with those pretty metallics. I was about to be envious of you for how far along you are with your Christmas to-do list, but then I saw all of that snow. ;) Oh, my!

Avery Murphy said...

You did a great job at incorporating so many challenges! I love your take on the sketch!

Thank you for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

laurie said...

Lots of sparkle and shine! Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Cindy Hall said...

Yet another beautiful design, Linda. I love the gold and silver ornaments and the three circles are a perfect 'finishing touch'.

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, hello silver and gold! I love those swirly ornaments. So pretty. And you can keep that snow - we got nothing but lots of rain and wind!

Jaydee said...

Why am I not surprised that you are all organized and ready for Christmas :-) Your daughter's back yard looks like a postcard....

I love the ornaments, the dots, the scallops - absolutely gorgeous and, fancy, indeed! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players again this week, Linda
hugs
jaydee

Yapha Mason said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the gold and silver together. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Rita W said...

This is very elegant and totally black tie. :) Thank you for sharing a picture of the beautiful snow.

Jen Brum said...

Oh my goodness Linda! This card is so amazing! I love those ornaments and the silver and gold! So elegant! Looks amazing against the white background!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This Chrissy card is ultra-elegant Linda! I love the creative touch of those little confetti circles - their placement is casually perfect!

Nance Leedy said...

Doesnt get much fancier than silver and gold--it's not Christmas without 'em! Love the extra circles--like bubbles pf champagne! So glad you joined us!

LeAnne said...

This is a stunning card (as usual) and I love your mix of silver & gold! The little circles are such a fun addition! Thanks so much for playing with our Paper Players challenge this week! And I wish we had just a wee bit of your snow to make it more Christmasy here...maybe on Saturday we'll get some!

Claire Broadwater said...

Linda, I just LOVE your card! Simple elegance!
All that snow is just beautiful! Nothing like a White Christmas! Merry Christmas, My Friend! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a gorgeous silver and gold card Linda - I love the three floating circles, they add so much to the composition of this card. Thanks for joining us for our two-week challenge over at The Paper Players - season's greetings!