Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hello Baby.......PPA69.....


Pals Paper Arts challenged us to use ribbon and keep it simple. I used Nursery Suite DSP and skinny Marina Mist ribbon to create a card for my niece's soon-to-arrive baby boy!  Yep a boy - unless of course there is a little glitch somewhere.  A friend of mine once decided to let his young son announce the gender of an expected sibling at a family gathering Christmas Eve.  He asked the ultrasound tech to print the test results on a card and seal it in an envelope.  He then taught his son to say boy when he saw a B and girl when he saw a G.  The big day came and when the little guy opened the envelope he yelled BOY!  Of course there was cheering and celebrating!  Thank Heaven before the evening was over Mom thought to pick the card up off the floor where the little boy had dropped it in his excitement.  The ultrasound tech had printed on the card - Baby girl!  Maybe I will make a pink version of this card..........just in case............

16 comments:

LeAnne said...

Your card is adorable--so sweet and simple, yet very effective! And what a FUNNY story--good thing that mom DID look at that card--and in time! :D

Mary Fish said...

absolutely charming. love the triple ribbon and simple button. hugs, m

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Linda! I need a baby card for this evening! You have given me an idea with this one! Love the triple ribbon treatment. Cute story, too!

Nancy said...

Linda this is adorable, love the story, but the card...too cute. Now I have to order some DSP Nursery Suite. Did you color the bows on the paper blue or does it come that way?

Pam~ said...

Awww...this is simply adorable. A funny story to go with it too!

Patti MacLeith said...

What a cute story! One that will be repeated many times, I'm sure! The card is super cute, too! Love the trio of mini Marina Mist!

Ginger said...

Cute card Linda - perfect for a boy! Loved the story too :)

Carla said...

I love your ribbon treatment!!! Your card is beautiful. Yep, maybe ya better have a pink one ready too. *smile*

Anonymous said...

What an adorable baby card. I just love those colors together!

Nance Leedy said...

Your story is just as charming as this sweet little card. I love how you've featured the wonderful bunny DSP and how your fantastic ribbon treatment mimics the bow on the bunny. Just precious! {hugs}

Unknown said...

Super cute card and your story made me laugh big time! Thank you for leaving love on my blog!

Card Core said...

Ahh, LOVE the triple ribbon trick, that's awesome! I saw it on a video tutorial and it just didn't look as cute as yours. :)

Dawn Gross said...

Love the ribbons! Cute card!

Mary said...

I loved reading your story. How cute that must have been when the little boy yelled at that it was a boy. :) Your baby card is so sweet. I love it.

Mary

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda I really love how your triple layered the ribbon. So cool.
tried to leave a comment earlier but the post box wouldn't come up? Oh well got it in now.

Mike said...

Nice job, Linda,
Love the multiple layers of ribbon and the color palette is perfect!
Mike