Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Sweet Thank You! FMS227






When you can't send a fresh fruit basket to say thank you can always send a freshly made card with fruit on it!  I often send thank you notes to staff members at the assisted living facility where my mother resides.  They are always upbeat and oh so compassionate.  And heaven only knows how many times a day they have to repeat themselves.  We took my mother out to dinner last week and as she sipped her Manhattan she said,

"You know I have been thinking.....back in the day I hardly knew my own name because I was so busy all the time.....and now I hardly know my own name because I forget everything!  Cheers!"

So glad her sense of humor is still intact!




It is always fun to host at Freshly Made Sketches.  I hope you get time to play with my sketch this week!  Can't wait to see what you create!



Stamp Sets: Apple of My Eye, So You, Helping Me Grow, A Nice Cuppa

18 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Love your take on the sketch, Linda, with those cute corners stamps! The fruit is perfect and the edge of diagonal stripe and peek of red set it off perfectly. Your mom is a character!

stampwithamyk said...

That's awesome Linda! Love your card, your design is fabulous!! :) Your mom cracks me up...I know that I'll be just like her one day. ;)

HJ said...

Great take on the sketch. I love the fruit and the simplicity of the card. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Great card, love how you've framed the fruit with the little corners. Karen x

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Linda!! Love the "frame" around the fruit.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love your take on your own sketch. Those little frames around the fruit are very cool! And your mother is quite the character. That little tidbit sounds like a Facebook meme that will pop up on my timeline any day now! And by the way, my father was a Manhattan drinker too!

Stampingcountry said...

Love everything about your cute card-the frames, the bright fruit and the gold accents.

Amy O said...

I love your fruity card, Linda! The cute photo corners and striped dsp are perfect accents, and this was a fun and easy sketch with which to work.

Karren said...

What a great take on a fabulous sketch! Those fruit are so cool and the corners are perfect. Your mum sounds adorable!

Petra Swart said...

Such a clean and fresh card, Linda!!!!! I really like the little lines to form the squares - so clever and creative!!! Love the stripes and the thin red line on the side and the cute bow!!! Beautiful!!! Thanks for a great sketch!!!!
Have a great day!!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Love this card! So clean and fresh! Love you mom's sense of humor too. Now I know where you get yours! hugs.

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Linda! So cute and oh so fun! Love the fruit and the sentiment! Your mom sounds awesome! I bet she brightens the day for the people working at your facility!

Unknown said...

I love how you did the fruit on this card. I didn't think I liked the "Apple of my Eye" stamp set until I saw your card! It's cute and elegant at the same time. Awesome card!

Barb said...

Great take on the sketch Linda.

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic card Linda! Lovin' all the fruit! The gold bow and sequins add a nice touch! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy Hall said...

Great card, Linda! I love the layers of fruit and the way you stamped the corners to match the fabulous sketch. The trim at the fold is the icing on a marvelous cake!

Jen Timko said...

This is so awesome!! What a great card for those amazing folks that help your mom.

Narelle Farrugia said...

You truly do make the most gorgeous cards Linda! I am in LOVE with this card!