Thursday, October 12, 2017

Fusion: Striped Wreath





You know those articles about planning your wardrobe for the week on Sunday nights so you are less rushed in the morning?  That never worked for me......how could I possibly know what I would feel like wearing so many days ahead of time? (Yes packing for a vacation is very hard for me!)  And the same principle applies to my card making.....I cannot do cards waaaay ahead of time even when I know what the challenge is because I don't know what sort of mood I will be in that week.  I know crazy but true.........I gave up fighting my personality quirks long ago!  Because of my Atlanta trip I had just a small window of time to complete my Fusion card this week. Gram and Emma and life in general fill my days quickly.  I was hurrying to finish this card in time yesterday.  I added the little sprinkly xxx above the pumpkin and then I thought "Hmmm it looks blank underneath so I will add a few more."

Well of course it looked blank because that's where the sentiment "Hang in There!" was supposed to go.  That finally dawned on me while editing the photo and there was no time left for a redo.  Sigh.......so for a minute I worried about my brain cells and then I thought - "Hey that's what the inside of the card is for!"








I played around with colors and shapes to do a total Fusion card today - inspired by the sketch and the photo!  Hope you join us!


                                        

The colors I used worked perfectly for the Stamp Ink Paper challenge!




11 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

It looks great with the sentiment on the inside! I'd never have known that it was missing if you hadn't mentioned it. Love your design, perfect colors too!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

Dawn Tidd said...

Yep, the inside is perfect for the sentiment! Adorable card, Linda!

the bean said...

Love your card !

HJ said...

Great card, Linda. I love the pumpkin with the spider hanging in it. So darn cute!! Have a great day!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda,
I think you did a fantastic job capturing the theme and the sketch! LOVE the combo... especially this funky green with the black & White! (I love greens... All greens) Your little "xxxx"s are a perfect touch... give the pumpkin a magical feel... Cinderella? .... then you open to SPIDERS! Love it. The "Hang in There" works perfect! Hugs

Brian King said...

Oooh! So much to love about this card, Linda! I adore the lime and black combo - that wreath is scary - but I adore the offset layers on this card. Such a fun one!

Marisa said...

Brilliant take on the sketch and colour combo. Love the sentiment too :)

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Lovely job with the challenge colours this week Linda. Great card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Oh my goodness Linda.. this is just adorable! The outside is a showstopper and the inside is perfect with the spiders hanging from the branch and the hang in there sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us over at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week for our color challenge!

LeAnne said...

Oh my, this is soooooo fun! Great use of the sketch, our colors and that spooky inspiration photo! I know what you mean about waiting until the last minute to make your card....I don't like to work that far ahead either! Or it could be I am just a procraftinator and I work better under PRESSURE! Thanks for playing with our SIP colors this week! :D

Karren said...

Great save, my friend! The sentiment looks like it was meant to be where it was and the outside looks perfect.