Thursday, August 2, 2018

Fusion: Rustic Flowers






The Big Guy was out of town for the day so I decided to spend the morning making rice pudding and creating my Fusion card.  The rice pudding recipe I use is needs to simmer a while with occasional stirring.  So every 15 minutes I headed downstairs to stir.  Who says crafting isn't an aerobic exercise?  

On my third trip into the kitchen guess who is on the kitchen counter?  That squirrel!  In a 15 minute time period he had destroyed two window screens and was headed for some sweet corn on the counter.  I yelled and he took off in a panic, ran across the counter, jumped onto my rice pudding pot, knocked the lid off then leaped to a side window.  No exit there so off to the dining room where he played a tune running up and down the piano keys while I opened all the kitchen windows.

I chased him off the piano and he flew to the top of my drapes where we had a staring contest until I shook the drapes.  He jumped down over the dining room table to the floor and headed back to the kitchen and in one more wild leap was over the counter and back out the window.

And did I mention that I was on the phone rescheduling a doctor's appointment as I entered the kitchen?  The poor secretary heard all the shrieking and carrying on until at some point I hung up.  When I finally called back another girl answered and started to laugh and said, "Oh are you the lady with the squirrel?"  Why yes.....yes I am.....

                                Squirrel - 2      Us - 0




I used both the sketch and the photo this week at Fusion!  So glad there isn't a squirrel in that photo! Join us!  




Stamp Set:  Love What You Do
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Granny Apple Green, Memento Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP
Die Cut: Wood Crate Framelits

11 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

You needed these pretty flowers to calm you down after all that excitement! They are perfect for the sketch and I love that vase you created. Clever, as usual! I had to chuckle at your story! I hope that squirrels goes back and tells his friends not to mess with you and not that your screens an easy target and you keep good things to eat on your counter! 🌽🍞😉

stampwithamyk said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Now I'm really laughing! Sounds like you need to stop cooking so much good stuff, lima beans and turnips only and see if he comes in to snack on those. ;) Love your card! The little flower box is so sweet! :)

Mary said...

I know it wasn't fun for you, but I sure did have a good laugh after hearing your story, made my day! Wonderful card too.

I Card Everyone said...

at what point does one close the window, my brave friend??!!
LOve the DP and your wooden box... all around lovely card!
=]

Amy O said...

What a pretty card! I love that wooden container. While I was reading your story I was picturing the scene in Christmas Vacation where they discover the squirrel in the Christmas tree and all of the mayhem that ensues. Glad you didn't have all of that! You'll have to keep us updated on your strategy to keep the squirrel out. Good luck!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wildlife...hmpf. I'm glad the woodchuck wreaking havoc on my garden hasn't breached the sanctuary of my home. I can't believe that little you-know-what has come inside your house twice now! What a bold fellow! But on another note - fantastic card!

musesmom said...

New to your blog since meeting you twice now this summer at stamping gatherings. Your squirrel tale (pun intended) is tooo funny! And scary... they can be mean little critters! Hope he doesn't become a regular univited guest.
Hope to see you again. Maybe I'll actually make it to Ilion and Nancy's one of these days.

Gail B.

Karren said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at your squirrel escapades. We don't have squirrels here (fortunately, I'm now thinking!) Hope the rice pudding survived! Your card is just gorgeous and a perfect take on the challenge - in fact, it couldn't be more perfect!

Unknown said...

Sounded like a lot of fun (to us!) at least he kept you fit and perhaps a bit worn out, hope your rice pudding turned out okay. Cheers Marilyn.

Kathy said...

your artwork is beautiful..always, and your life sounds interesting and anything but boring...I hope the rice pudding survived!

Kim S said...

Wow! And to think one of the things I liked about my new house is all the trees with cute squirrels. I'm going to regret that, aren't I? I guess I'll just hope that Colorado squirrels are less aggressive!!