Sunday, September 2, 2018

Stamp Review Crew: Waterfront








I have used Waterfront several times to make mountain and lake scenes so I decided to go tropical today.  Such a versatile set!  Perhaps the late summer heat wave was my inspiration.  We spent the last week of August trying to fit in as much fun as possible before the school routine starts.  My favorite day was spent at the county fair - junk food, rides, animals and entertainment - what's not to love?






If you missed Debra Burgin's wonderful work head on back.





Otherwise your next stop is Tanya Boser!  Tanya is an amazing artist and the leader of our group.  Special thanks to her for all of her hard work to keep the Review Crew going!




I used the FabFriday sketch for my design.




Stamp Set:  Waterfront
Paper:  Whisper White, Mango Melody
Ink:  Mango Melody, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Flirty Flamingo, Balmy Blue

13 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

That is too cute! Love the fun tropical colors and the great design. Such an awesome stamp set and you've showcased it perfectly. Cute pictures from the fair too! :)

Lou said...

So bright and fun Linda. Love it!

Karren said...

Fun and cheerful card! It makes me feel warm just looking at it - and believe me we've had a freezing cold day today, so any warmth is welcomed!

Anonymous said...

Bright and cheerful - what a great send off to summer :) Looks like Emma continues to grow like a weed and has her grandmother's adventurous spirit. What a blessing! Hugs!

Joan said...

I love the cow, Linda. I made a 3 D cow For my sisters 40th birthday. It stood up on its own. I took it to her house while she was away for the weekend. It was in a small trailer along with a bale of hay. It was very realistic looking. Shortly after I started driving I noticed a police car behind me. He thought it was real. He had a good laugh when he found out it was made out of 2 sheets of plywood. He followed us to my sister's house so no one would pull us over. We set up the cow in the front yard & threw the hay around it. The dog next door went crazy. He thought it was real too. Needless to say, she was surprised when she found it. A few weeks after the cow arrived it disappeared. About 7-8 years later she went to list a house & there was Bessie the cow in the backyard. Kids had stolen it & they put wheels on it & had been using it as a school mascot all those years!!! Too funny. Bessie had been rolled around the football field every game for all those years!

Heather said...

VERY fun - somehow I always forget that this set is good for tropical scenes, too - looks just like a trip to the islands to me! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Cindy said...

Love the Tropical Escape DSP background; it really completes the feeling. Such a fun, colorful card!

Charlet Mallett said...

Very inviting tropical scene. Love the colors. I also love the fair, mainly the junk food. LOL.

Amanda Mertz said...

Love this sweet beachy scene! The one popped up hut is adorable. And you gave it even more of a tropical feel with your choice of DSP. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Dawn Tidd said...

Now this is a fun card with Waterfront! Love those bright houses and the palm background is perfect! You've made me want a trip to the beach!

Mike said...

Love the card, but it has me wondering where I left my lei? A true clean and simple masterpiece.

Heidi Baks said...

Sigh... the warm beach! It's a cold day today, and I'm ready for vacation again. Have a great weekend.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love that summery card of yours. Can't wait for the warmth to come our way.