Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Critters.....FMS380





I seem to attract all sorts of critters these days so I decided it was appropriate to add a few ants to those berries.  They are cute when they are drawn by stamp artists!  Otherwise not really a fan.....

And I haven't quite recovered from my latest wildlife encounter.......

We have a white wicker hamper in our bathroom and the other morning I sorted a load of dark clothes to take downstairs to the washer.  I tossed jeans, a turtleneck and some socks into a pile by the door and as I bent over to scoop it all up I noticed something dark hanging off the back of the hamper.  I thought a sock had gotten stuck in the wicker while I was sorting and tossing.  So I walked back and reached around and yanked it - yeow!  Not a sock - it was soft, furry and spread its wings - BAT BAT BAT!!!

I took off like a shot and ran screaming downstairs where the Big Guy was having breakfast.  He just shook his head and went upstairs with a tennis racket and plastic bag.  

I'm in the market for a stainless steel hamper with sleek shiny slippery sides......



Such a great sketch from Jacquie this week!  Have fun with it at Freshly Made Sketches!


The {PIN}spirational Challenge this week is strawberries!


Stamp Sets: Happy Summer (Lawn Fawn), Fresh and Fruity (Sunny Studio)
Paper:  Whisper White, Poppy Parade
Ink:  Memento Black, Lovely Lipstick, Copics

13 comments:

Linda said...

I. Would. Have. Died.

stampwithamyk said...

Such a sweet card! Love the little strawberries and ants...perfect sentiment too! And I'm right there with Linda...on the floor dead. Yikes, first squirrels and now bats?? I think that you need to get a cat, they seem to chase everything away. ;)

Brian King said...

I can't even with this card. It's absolutely adorable, Linda! I was SO prepared to "go there" with you on a string of ants that were on your hamper. But a bat. No thank you. A cat would definitely help to identify the wildlife in your home so you don't have to find them.

Marlene said...

This is a yummy card. Good enough to eat. The berries are so colorful.

Amy O said...

This card is adorable! And perfect for the sketch. Your story is the stuff of nightmares for me. I'd be calling the moving truck right away. :)

I Card Everyone said...

OMG Linda... I'd be sending my laundry out [including those I'd soiled], and packing my bags!!
Those stamped ants can come to my paper-picnic any day! What a darling card!
=]

Jacquie Southas said...

Ants with the sweet stawberries are wonderful - in the house, not so much. I wasn't expecting the bat!! Fabulous take on the sketch, Linda!

Dawn Tidd said...

Oh, my gosh! You and wildlife, that's the truth. But your card is adorable and the ants add to the cuteness factor! Love your take on the sketch with the strawberries. So cute!

Jen Brum said...

Oh I love this card Linda! Those strawberries are so perfectly and I love the little ants too! I'm so sorry about the bat experience. I must say I'm a big bat fan! Yup, I'm weird!!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Well if this isn't the sweetest card! (No pun intended). I adore your strawberries and critters - the tiny ones, NOT the bat! Oh my goodness, a bat. I would have passed out on the spot.

Deanne Saunders said...

What a yummy card! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Jen Mitchell said...

We were just talking the other day at work about how cute bats are! LOL! Apparently this is not a universal belief! Sorry you had such a fright - but it obviously didn't stifle your creativity. Those strawberries are gorgeous! I love this card!

Karren said...

A bat! I would have dropped dead on the spot - even spiders make me scream - I just can't help it! We're developing a bit of an ant problem at work, so I'm not too fond of the little critters at the moment. Your card, however, is adorable - loving those strawberries!