Thursday, November 28, 2019

Fusion: Christmas






Happy Thanksgiving to all of you watching the Macy's Parade and eating turkey today!  That is on my agenda!  Christmas is oh so close so I am trying to do a card or two every night.  I made a few of these with the sweet simple trees - almost Seuss-like which must have inspired the pink background!

Cooking is not my strong suit so I don't host Thanksgiving Dinner.....and the few times I have the day never turned out as planned.  One year my dad had a stroke and I spent the day at the hospital - guests were on the self serve plan.  Another year the turkey hadn't thawed so it wasn't ready on time. We ate without it and I sent plates of turkey home with everyone when it was finally done.  Then there was the year I literally fell asleep at the table - yep head down and out like a light! The Big Guy made me go to bed and the next morning I woke up totally covered in chicken pox! (That's what happens when chicken pox runs through your third grade classroom and you have never had it - yes I'm an only child!)

But I can bake a mean pie so I am always happy to bring dessert!  Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and that your dinner today is hosted by someone who knows her way around the kitchen!




Always wonderful inspiration at Fusion!  Hope you join us!
                                    

Images from Purple Onion, Sentiment from Newton's Nook
Paper:  Whisper White.Night of Navy
Ink:  Night of Navy, Tranquil Tide, Copics, Distress

4 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet little card! Bummer on the Thanksgiving dinners not going so well...but I'd be up for just pie! ;)

I Card Everyone said...

There's always room at our table for you, and the big guy, Linda! Well. as long as you bring PIE!!! that's my favorite in the whole world of desserts!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours... love your darling card, and its Dr. Seuss trees!
=]

Brent Scheffer said...

The three tee designs and stitching are awesome!

Barb Ghig said...

My apologies for my late visit...I hope you had a really lovely Thanksgiving Day with your family! Thanks so much for sharing your fun stories with us...I'll bet your family LOVES your pies :)

This is such a charming Christmas card, Linda! Your 'Seuss-like' trees are really cute and your pink background is perfect! Thanks for making me smile today!!!