Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Unplugged.....FMS421






I managed to sneak away for the weekend to a cabin in the Adirondacks with six other crafters for two days of stamping, chatting and laughing!  The amount of craft supplies in that cabin was staggering as we all had to bring the "essentials".


                                  


We designed cards, tried new products, and talked shop without any interruptions - no cell service or TV there.  It was great to unplug and just be......

                                      


I will be sending this card off to say thanks to our hostess for such a great weekend!  Just follow that trail through the woods and you're there!


Jen's sweet sketch leaves room for lots of creativity with its two simple elements!  Join us at Freshly Made Sketches!


                                               

Stamp Set: Dressed To Impress, Label Me Bold
Ink: Purple Posy, Copics, Memento Black, Gorgeous Grape
Paper: Whisper White, Best Dressed DSP

9 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

That sounds like an awesome 2 days to me! Glad that you enjoyed it. Pretty card too!! :)

I Card Everyone said...

That time away with like-minded friends sounds idyllic, Linda! I would have loved to be the... bear outside the window? ha!
A gorgeous way to say thank you!
=]

LeAnne said...

Man, that sounds like a wonderful time! Especially the no phones part, LOL! Sweet card too...this sketch looks like a fun one!

Jen Brum said...

Oh that time away sounds so relaxing!!! I bet you had a hoot! That card is just gorgeous! I love those flowers and the perfume bottle! Your hostess will love it!

Nora Noll said...

Oh how fun that you got to go on a craft weekend!! I am so jealous!! I LOVE your card with the pretty purples and the lovely stamps that you chose!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh my goodness Linda, never mind a tropical island, THIS sounds like the most perfect two days away to me! So pleased you were able to unwind and create and chat and just 'be' as you say. Your card is so pretty and feminine and I love the way you've allowed the leaves from your flower spray to overlap the sentiment tag. The perfect sequin choice too! Vicky x

Jen Timko said...

This is perfectly lovely! Such pretty colors and details!

Kim S said...

What a wonderful weekend and a beautiful thank you!

kristin said...

I live in the Adirondacks and take it for granted how beautiful this area is. I just recently had a very rustic cabin retreat at my girlfriends cabin. Had power but no running water. Such a great time crafting.