Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Triangles......FMS449

 





I literally stuck with the sketch this week!  Just had fun with the new stitched triangles from SU and some summery colors.  I actually made a few more versions of this with all the spare triangle pieces!  It was like putting together colorful puzzles.  I got so involved that the afternoon slipped away and I realized I needed an anniversary card for the Big Guy.  True confessions: I went out and bought one.....


I loved playing with Cecile's design this week - hope you do too at Freshly Made Sketches!

                        

              


Die Cuts: Stitched Triangles (SU). Friend (SSS)

Paper: Purple Posy. Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Whisper White

13 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet design! Love the fun colors, perfect sentiment too! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Such a fun Sketch, and I love your literal rendition, Linda!
Happy anniversary... you did not, did you? Would love to know what the Big Guy has to say about that!! lol
=]

Amy O said...

I love this fun mix of colors! You've shown that staying true to the sketch pays off with a fabulous card.

LeAnne said...

No you DIDN'T...buy a card!!! Oh my! Anyway, THIS card is amazing and I just got my dies too, so I can't wait to play! LOVE the sentiment too!

Mike said...

I had to figure out how you had extra pieces, then I realized the triangles weren’t layered, they were inlayed. Brilliant. Gonna have to CASE this one.

Jan said...

Hi Linda:

That is a great card! Colors and design are awesome.

I have a technique question - where did you get the friend sentiment? Is that SU?

Linda Callahan said...

Hi Jan.....The friend is a die set from Simon Says Stamp. Thanks for those kind words!

Brian King said...

I love everything about it, Linda! Your colors make for a super-fun, triangle-filled card! Happy anniversary! ♥

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! Well, your time is valuable, too :) Love your take on the sketch, Linda! Fabulous color palette and the stitched triangles are perfect!

Kim S said...

I LOVE your layered triangles!! It's so fun in the bright colors - and the way you lined them up nearer to the point is so eye-catching!

Was the Big Guy offended by store bought???

Karren said...

Such bright and fun triangles - and layering them is so very clever!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just fantastic Linda! I just love those layers of triangles and the cute sentiment! The colours are so perfect!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is cool! I LOVE your colours choices - so funky and fabulously fun!