Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Handmade Hugs.....FMS475

 




It is unbelievable that we haven't been able to have stamping get togethers in a whole year!  Since I am now fully retired I admit I have been trying all sorts of things to keep busy - and healthy - this winter.  I have taken a few on line stamping classes and am signed up for two more!  It is not as much fun as being there in person but it is fun to learn new techniques.  I recently finished a day long class on Distress Inks with Jenn Shurkus.  We did not make any cards - just focused on using inks in different ways and creating backgrounds.  This background was created with Distress Inks spritzed with water,  The birdhouses were cut from a panel created with Distress Oxide Inks spritzed with water.  

I love the Stampin' Up! Coming Home Bundles that was released for the holidays and certainly did not want to put it away until next year.  I decided those sweet little diecut houses could easily be turned into birdhouses - so that is what I did!  





Have fun with Jacquie's sweet sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Join us!





Stamp Sets: Dies from Coming Home (SU), Crafty Sentiment (TE)
Inks: Distress, Rococo Rose
Paper: Whisper White, Distress, Distress Oxides Heavyweight White





12 comments:

LeAnne said...

Look at you, all fancy with your Distressed Inks....makes those bird houses look AMAZING! LOVE them and love that three-paneled sketch!

stampwithamyk said...

So sweet! Love the colors and your inked panel is so cool!! :)

I Card Everyone said...

I adore these little houses - heck I'd move in!! You'll have all my bluebirds heading your way!!
Fabulous blends, Linda! You DO color so beautifully, sigh. Bet you were a gold-star pupil!
=]

Jacquie Southas said...

Not sure if I love the sweet houses or gorgeous inked panels more, Linda. The white panels really make them pop!

designbydonna said...

So cute. Love the pastel colors.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Always good to learn something new Linda - and clearly this class was a good one, those panels and birdhouses are such fabulous colours! This card is so colourful, I love it!

Brian King said...

I love this card so much, Linda! The technique is pretty amazing, and I love how you've showcased these birdhouses. Beautiful!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm so jealous that you are taking classes! It certainly looks like you've learned a lot! This is fabulous!

Amy O said...

What a great idea to take classes while cooped up at home! It looks like you've nailed this technique too. I love how you've used these dies for another season! Very clever!

Kim S said...

Truly amazing!! I love how you've made those dies useful all year round!! And your colors are gorgeous!!

Karren said...

Your ink-blending is just stunning! And your colour choices are wonderful! Such a great card!

Cindy Beach said...

I'm with you on the classes, I'm doing it too!
Love the results you got with your blending. The houses make great bird-houses, lovely card.