Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Birthday For A Prince

 Who could turn down a chance to play cards with Michele?!?  Not me!  When Michele Ferguson said "Let's play cards on Prince's birthday!" I said "Deal me in!"  Her challenge was to make a birthday card using  colors from these songs by Prince.....Purple Rain, Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette.





Since the purple rain was falling my gal couldn't possibly get her raspberry beret wet so she opened her raspberry striped umbrella.  She is waiting patiently in her red high heels for that little red corvette to pick her up for a birthday celebration!




The clouds are stenciled using Distress Ink and her skirt and shoes are colored with Copics.  A bit of water coloring with Zig markers worked perfectly on the umbrella.  I love the added texture of the watercolor paper.

And inside it looks like that red corvette is pulling up........




Many thanks to my friend Michele for inviting me to play cards today!  Head on over to her blog to see what she has created - that's where I am off to as well! She is a delightful card player and inspires us all with her beautiful creations.  You never know what she has up her sleeve!


Stamp Sets: Follow the Rainbows (SSS), Get Grounded (Ink Blot Shop), Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes (MFT), Driving By (SU)

Paper: Tim Holtz Watercolor, Whisper White

Ink: Memento Black, Versa Fine Black, Granny Apple Green, Copics, Wilted Violet Distress, Zig Marker - Light Purple

 

17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, my friend, you did INDEED represent every Prince song on the list so brilliantly!! I LOVE IT!!!
The purple clouds/rain, raspberry striped umbrella, and she clicked her gorgeous heels to hail that little red corvette!
It took forever for our play day to get here - man, did you make it worth the wait! Thanks so much for Playing Cards with me, Linda! x
=]

stampwithamyk said...

What a sweet card! Love the fun way that you played along with the theme. :)

Amy O said...

I love this stylish Prince fan card! Very fun!

Cat Craig said...

Darling card and I loved getting a peek at the interior. Hopped over from Michele's blog.

Bobby said...

You met the challenge and then some, Linda. I love your girl waiting in the purple rain and adding the corvette to the inside was a stroke of genius.

Bonnie said...

This is awesome, Linda! I love how you used all three colors and dressed this gal beautifully!

Cindy Beach said...

Love the way you play, Linda! You rocked the Prince theme!

Marcia Hill said...

Yep, you nailed it with every one of the Prince songs Linda, and I'm lovin' everything about this card AND post!! :0)

LeAnne said...

SO fun....I loved the whole card and loved it even more when I saw the inside! INGENIOUS! You rocked "Playing with Friends" for sure!

Lisa Elton said...

Purple rain from the top of her raspberry striped umbrella to the soles of her red heels make your card a winning hand! This is so much fun, Linda. Yes, playing cards with Michele is always a good time!

Brian King said...

How fun that you incorporated SO MUCH PRINCE into this sweet card that, without explanation, has nothing to do with him. Such fun! ♥

Brenda said...

Came over from Michele's blog, boy you ladies are amazing! I love your card Linda, you paid homage to all three songs, your card is just fabulous. Hugs, Brenda

HilaryJane said...

Such a brilliant card and so different from Michele's, well done. I love everything about it xx

Leslie Miller said...

I had to come look. This is so cute and clever. Talent abounds!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Hello Linda, I've come to Michele's blog.
This is such a lovely and encouraging card, and you did a great job of incorporating all 3 songs!
Hideko xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a fun card - way to rise to the challenge Linda! You and Michele have just provided me with the soundtrack to my day lol!

Karren said...

You know how much I love this card! You nailed the challenge and more. Fabulous images and colouring!