Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Chillin'.....FMS546

 




Emma spent a day with me in my craft room last week and had a great time with some stencils, ink and blending brushes while I was doing some cleaning and re-organizing of my shelves and storage units. I promised her I would use one of her backgrounds on a card so I take no credit for the sand and sky you see here!  I added the umbrellas and finished the scene - looks like a perfect beach day to me!







I love Amy's sketch this week!  Hope she doesn't mind that I flipped it so the umbrellas would work with the background!  Join us at Freshly Made Sketches!


Stamp Set: Beach Huts (SSS)
Paper: Basic White, Balmy Blue
Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Distress
Stencil: Surf & Sand (SSS)





11 comments:

Laurie said...

Emma did a great job on that background! Love your card!

I Card Everyone said...

The crafty gene has been well passed to the next generation my friend - well done, Emma!
I'm betting Amy won't mind one bit, Linda! Your darling umbrellas are perfect stand-ins for her circles!
=]

LeAnne said...

What a great collaboration....Emma is on her way to becoming an accomplished stamper for sure! LOVE the umbrellas...and they are where I wish I was right now...on the beach!

Brian King said...

Such a super-cute card, Linda! I love that you've inspired a little artist to make such a great background for you. Your umbrellas would have looked totally dumb without that artistic backdrop. :D

stampwithamyk said...

That's awesome Linda! Love the cute umbrellas, such a fun design! :)

Amy O said...

I love this so much! I need Emma to make some backgrounds for me -- she made a perfect one for this cute card.

Lisa Elton said...

You two make a good team and your card is delightful! Love your colorful umbrellas!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card! I just love Emma's background! She did an amazing job! Maybe she should teach me how to blend! Those umbrellas are so fun! A day at the beach sounds lovely!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is the perfect beach scene, Linda! Love these umbrellas.

Jen Timko said...

The perfect images for the sketch and the background is top notch!

Karren said...

Emma has certainly inherited some of her Grandma's talent! Fabulous background and the umbrellas are just perfect for the sketch!