Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Enjoying Retirement.....FMS436





I have had a job of some sort since I was 17 and I can honestly say I enjoyed them all - except for one.   I retired from teaching after 34 years and decided to substitute but after having my own classroom I didn't like being the sub. So when a part time library clerk position opened at our local library I applied.  And here I am 14 years later retiring from that position.  It is bittersweet for sure since it was the perfect "retirement job."  My plan was to stay one more year but Mr. Covid got in the way.  Our library has been closed for two months and is scheduled to open in June with lots of changes, restrictions and safety precautions for working with the public.  At my age I decided not to tempt fate since New York has been hit hard by this disease so I retired.    

Spending time outside up at the lake sounds good to me right now after a long cold winter and two months of quarantine.  We opened our camp this weekend and the porch is ready for business!






So many possibilities with Jen Brum's wonderful sketch!  Have fun with it at Freshly Made Sketches!


Stamp Sets:Timeless Tropical, Waterfront, Country Home
Paper: Whisper White, Tropical Oasis DSP, Grapefruit Grove
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Grapefruit Grove, Crumb Cake, Seaside Spray
Die Cuts: Diagonal Stripes (Avery Elle), ADK Chair (TE)

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, congratulations! I know you probably struggled with that decision a bit, but I personally like knowing you'll be safe, and enjoying life at this wonderful camp - 24/7 if you want to!
I love this darling Adirondack chair* and your sweet retirement card!
=]
*keep it out. that's all I'm sayin'!

stampwithamyk said...

Congratulations on your retirement!! Enjoy your time with the grandkids and dogs. :) Sweet card!! Loving the fun colors and that cute die cut chair. :)

Amy O said...

What a perfect card to celebrate your retirement! I love the scene you've created and I hope you'll enjoy the scenery from your porch at the lake.

Ginger said...

Although you loved the library Linda, your decision to retire is a smart choice given the current circumstances. And, your card is adorable! Kick back at the lake and enjoy your retirement!

Jen Timko said...

As sad as I am for you to retire this way, I admit I'm happy so that you can remain as safe as possible. Gotta say, that chair looks pretty comfy. Ready to come right up and have some tea with you. Great card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Congratulations on your retirement Linda! It may be earlier than expected, but definitely for all the right reasons. Plus it means more time at the lake - looks blissful! Get yourself a drink and an Adirondack chair and relax into it!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card Linda! I love the idea of a beach chair by the lake!!! Congratulations on your second retirement! Enjoy your "free" time and all those days by the lake!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this card Linda and that serene scene you've created.