Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Fall Leaves....FMS501

 



In honor of the first of September I decided to break out some fall leaves.  I can't believe summer is coming to an end!  It sure flies by!  A few yellow leaves have already appeared here and there on our trees!

Meanwhile Miss Emma is enjoying her last summer vacation days....kayaking in Lake Placid is always wonderful!




Pretty soon those mountains will be ablaze with color!

Just a quick reminder to Crafty "T" whose name was drawn as my blog candy winner to email me at jcallahan1@nycap.rr.com to claim your prize!









Kim has started us off into a new century - the 500's that is - with sketch 501!  It's a great one - hope you still like to play at Freshly Made Sketches!




Stamp Sets:  Love of Leaves, Art Gallery
Ink: Versafine Black
Paper: Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Shaded Spruce, Crushed Curry





10 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Such a pretty card! Love the embossed lines across the background, perfect with those pretty stitched leaves! Glad that you're enjoying the last few days of summer! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Leaves me wanting to jump into a big pile of these fabulous, colorful leaves, Linda! So beautiful!
=]

Greta said...

Wonderful take on the sketch with those beautiful stitched leaves! The lake looks wonderful!

Jen Brum said...

Okay this card is just gorgeous! I LOVE those leaves! They are so pretty! I think that's the thing I'll miss most about Ontario - beautiful trees in the fall. We don't seem to have colour changing trees here in Alberta.

Judy Rozema said...

I love all the stitching on your leaves! And the background texture is cool! A new century, huh? Does it seem like a hundred years of sketches? :D

Karren said...

Your autumn leaves are wonderful and how clever to use the horizontal panel like that! It's funny but we're coming into Spring yet here I am getting out all my autumn stamps and colours - goes to show how guided I am by the stamping world :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous colours and gorgeous amounts of texture make this one amazing card!

Kim S said...

I love your bold leaves. And I've always loved that background element - but it got totally buried in my stash - thanks for the reminder!

Cécile RIBON said...

A delightful fall card, Linda! Those stitched leaves are so pretty and I love how you used the embossed stitch lines for the horizontal panel.

Nora Noll said...

This is fantastic. I LOVE the embossed background with those leaves. Such a beautiful card.