Saturday, October 9, 2021

Layers of Lovely Library Books!

 


This was totally me when I was growing up......lots of lovely library books lying everywhere!  I couldn't read them fast enough.  I grew up in a very small village with no library but our neighboring village had one. Trouble was you had to go down a big hill, cross a railroad bridge and then a river bridge to get there. My parents forbid me to ride my bike to that library. Not gonna lie.....my friends and I snuck down there more than once to replenish our lot of library books! When you need a book to read it is impossible to wait for your mom or dad to get home from work!


                                                                                



When I saw this Tall Tale set from Altenew I had to get it to make a card for my cousin who was often an accomplice in those clandestine bicycle journeys to the library!  It also worked perfectly for their challenge to create a card using a technique that begins with the first letter of your name.  Since my name begins with L I chose Layering.  Lots of lovely layering of cardstock, embossing, books and colors!

9 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

That's way too cute! Great sentiment and design! :)

I Card Everyone said...

That's a whole lot of lovely layers, Linda!! And OH would we have certainly been besties had we grown up in the same town! I had tons of Nancy Drew's!
=]

Rosanne Mulhern said...

Oh my goodness, Linda…I LOVE this card! Your story is my story. I walked to the library every Saturday for my weekly book fix. Actually not much has changed except now I drive! I’m definitely adding this set to my stash. Thanks for sharing.

Ida said...

This is very cute and reminds me of how much I still love reading.

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable! It reminds me of our granddaughter, she loves to read!

Cindy C. said...

Sweet card!!

Karren said...

This stamp set could have been designed for you! Such a fabulous card and great colour scheme.

Cindy Beach said...

This is absolutely adorable! And I can tell the story of your trips down the hill to the other library - will be with you forever. Your pretty colors and layering are terrific.

Judy Rozema said...

This is amazing. I love the colors.