Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Birthday Wishes....FMS580

 



I got the Easter baskets out for the grandkids yesterday and and put that wonderful plastic Easter grass into them......and now there seems to be Easter grass everywhere in my house.  I'm sure that led me to pull out Parakeet Party ink, cardstock and dots for my card!  

I inked a background stamp in Versamark and then clear embossed the images in Tahitian Tide.  I used an alcohol marker to highlight the bows in a similar color before cutting the sheet to fit the sketch.  Easy and fun!





And on a personal note I won't be "around" too much for the next week or two......or three....I am having cataract surgery on my right eye and if all goes well the left eye will be done soon after.  I certainly hope this means I will be able to drive at night again!  Right now daylight is my best friend!

Jen Mitchell designed a great sketch for us this week! Hope you join us at Freshly Made Sketches!  



Stamp Sets; Gift Boxes (SSS), Sentiment Staples (TE)
Ink: Versamark, Parakeet Party
Paper: Parakeet Party, Basic White, Tahitian Tide




9 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Such a cute card! Fun take on the sketch, love the colors too! :) Hope that the surgery goes well!

Jeanne H said...

Darling card...now I need that stamp with packages. :-)

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I love that colour combination! That paper is so fun! I hope surgery goes well and you heal up super fast!

I Card Everyone said...

So good to be home again, and in time to see this sweet card, Linda!
Take good care of yourself - even better: let the Big Guy take good care of you!
=]

Brian King said...

Let me count the things I love about this card. One moment...still counting. I love this, Linda! Hope your surgery goes well. ♥

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the fun background and the cool colors! Good luck with the surgery. Don't forget the doctor's orders!

Kim S said...

LOVE the tone-on-tone presents in the background with the little dots!! And such a fun color scheme!

Karren said...

Love how you've selectively coloured bits of this background. It adds so much interest without detracting. All the very best for your surgery. I'll send healing thoughts.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous inking and stamping job, Linda! I love this fresh and happy color scheme.