Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Attention Shoppers - FMS633

 



The new set from Stampin' Up! is called Attention Shoppers......which reminded me of K- Mart which reminded me of a shopping trip long ago.  We lived in a small town about an hour from any large shopping area so when a new K-Mart was built about 45 minutes away it was big news!  My dad loaded my mom, my aunt, my grandmother and me in the car and away we went to see what the fuss was about.  I honestly don't remember what we bought because it was decades ago but I do remember laughing and chasing a blue light around the store to see what the latest special was.  You never knew where that blue light was going to pop up! I think that was my dad's one and only trip to K-Mart.....he was a Sears Roebuck kind of guy.....whew I am dating myself for sure since those stores are long gone now.....



I lightened the photo a bit so you could see the sparkles in the blue paper - prettier in person for sure!






It's my turn to host this week at FMS! Hope you have time to play along!  I love to visit your galleries to see what you create!


Stamp Set: Attention Shoppers

Ink: Memento Black, Copics

Paper: Lemon Lolly, Starry Sky. Orchid Oasis Sparkle

6 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

That's way too cute!! Love the fun cart full of birthday goodies! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Attention K-Mart shoppers!!!! I remember it well, my friend - better never did I ever have luck finding a fully decorated birthday cake complete with lighted candles! You DO know how to shop [and create fun Sketches and cards!]
Thanks for the fun memory - and darn it, I still miss shopping for their Martha Stewart line of home goods!
=]

LeAnne said...

What a fun sketch and a fun card! I love it when you share memories like that because I am right there with you, although I don't think we ever had a Kmart! We had ALMART! It's long gone too!

Jacquie Southas said...

K-mart was my MIL's favorite store and I always took her when she visited us in Seattle - she was heartbroken when they closed. Love the sketch and this card is just a delight, Linda! You have me checking out the set.

Jen Brum said...

Oh how I miss KMart!!! Seems like an eternity ago! This is such a fantastic card Linda! I love that shopping card and all it's goodies! So fun!

Jen Timko said...

Hadn't thought about that in forever and I can totally hear that call!! What a fun card. Love the priorities in this cart of yours!