Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Early Spring Adventure - FMS631

 



Ahhhh.......spring finally! I thought this sweet nest was perfect for a friend who is celebrating a spring birthday soon and expecting a spring baby too! 

The last of the snow is finally gone here and we spent Monday up at the lake having a picnic and waiting for this......




We were fortunate to be in the direct path of the eclipse here in upstate New York.  It truly was an amazing experience.  What surprised me most was how cold it got even when the sun was only partially blocked! Fortunately the sun came out again and life returned to normal!



Square cards are always fun to make so I loved Jen Timko's great sketch - hope you enjoy it too!  Join us at Freshly Made Sketches!




Stamp Sets: Everyday Details (SU!), Fancy Florals (Gina K)

Paper: Fresh As A Daisy DSP

Ink: Memento Black, Copics

8 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Such a cute card! Love that little bird nest. Glad that you and the kids enjoyed the eclipse too! We had about 90% here and the timing was perfect for the kids to get home from school to see it! :)

LeAnne said...

What a fun image to use for a birthday card! I do love my birds and their nests! What an awesome view of the eclipse too! It got a wee bit darker here but I was quite amazed at how dark it got in the areas of totality!

I Card Everyone said...

Our little Bluebird friends are busy building this year's nest - I can't wait to watch her fill her nest soon. Their eggs are exactly this color! Such a pretty birthday card, Linda!
Yes, it did get cold - I was super glad I packed a blanket for our adventure! And that 360-degree sunset blew our minds! So glad you got a good view of it and enjoyed it with these darling kids!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely spring card, Linda! I like your CAS design. We had a great view in the direct path too and our granddaughter was in a swing just like the one your little kiddos are in!

Jen Timko said...

I am waiting for our first nest to have eggs. We have a few building attempts under our deck and a brand new blue bird box...no results yet. I love this pretty image and it is perfect for the sketch. Glad you had good weather for eclipse day!

Jen Brum said...

This card is so sweet! I just love it! So perfect for a spring birthday and baby! We only got to see a partial eclipse and it wasn't all that exciting! My parents really enjoyed seeing the full eclipse!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This is such a super sweet card, Linda! That cute nest is just perfect for spring (and for the sketch)

Karren said...

This wee birds nest is so cute and works perfectly for the sketch! I was a bit far away and in the wrong time zone to see the eclipse so I love seeing the photos.