Thursday, July 3, 2014

Amazing! PPA210








My son's birthday is in the fall and I have finished his card already! Amazing! One more item off my checklist titled "Work ahead projects because of Convention in July and vacation in August!"  And you know what else is amazing - besides those wonderful File Tab Framelits - my perfect positioning of this sentiment!  I took one sentiment from Fabulous Four and decided to stamp it on a sheet of Moonight DSP to see how it would look......no thought really.....just a test stamp......and voila!  I could never line up those little words again so perfectly in the gridwork!  You would think I won the lottery!  If you are a stamper you know what I am talking about!  So I trimmed, spattered, added some Lost Lagoon ribbon and I was set.  I will be tucking some $$ into this card for his birthday.  He may be wanting a new camera since photography has become a new hobby. He took this amazing sunset shot at the lake this week.






That beautiful photo inspired my daughter and her husband to go out on the boat the next night ..........here's her photo......looks like their evening wasn't quite as amazing!





                     Hope you play along with Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge this week!

                          

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

First of all, I swooned when I saw these colors---LOVE them together! Then, I was excited to see the File Tabs, because I just pulled mine out to play with last night and haven't seen too much of them in blogland! And third...your final project is wonderful! How efficient of you to work ahead! But last...that gorgeous photo of the sunset, and then your poor daughter's version!!! Oh well!

Dawn Tidd said...

I would be celebrating a perfectly stamped sentiment too! Maybe working backwards is the key! However, you started this card it came out fantastic!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda your son's card is perfect! I haven't even opened my folder dies yet and I've had them for two weeks!Love what you did with them and I also love how you paired them with that sentiment. This would work for either male or female... just changing the colors. hugs.
PS: Your son's photo is fabulous!

Mary Fish said...

Woo hoo on that gorgeous lake sunset. What a sweet card and the sentiment couldn't be more perfectly aligned!

Cindy Lovell said...

Amazing card,Linda!! Love the file folders!! He will love it!!
And what a beautiful photo...WOW!

Patti MacLeith said...

I love that you are ready for fall! I'm only ready through July, but then, I'm not going to Convention-WAH!! Thanks for sharing a great idea for tucking money into a card. Love it!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I have not seen this DSP and I thought you had cleverly stamped your images onto grid paper! Love those inky splatters and hooray for a perfectly lined up sentiment. That's amazing!

Michelle Gleeson said...

Great masculine card, and love the use of the file tabs.

Karren said...

What a fantastic and manly man card! And that sentiment stamping - all I can say is wow! I'm impressed!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

I have had my file folder dies for a while, too. Seeing your gorgeous card has me itching to use it. I LOVE your design and trendy stamping and embellishing. TFS with us, Linda:)