Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Convention Rocks! FMS146







Stampin' Up!'s Convention this past week was terrific! Hanging out with all of those wonderful stampers who live inside my computer was wonderful!  This card is headed to Beth Klaumann who won The Ultimate Stamping Experience on the first night of convention.  




And what does this have to do with me you might ask?  Beth got to ask a few friends to join her for the adventure - and I was lucky enough to be included!




A limo picked us up at the Convention Center and whisked us away for a private tour of SU! headquarters in Riverton. 




We even got up close and personal on the pick line in the amazingly spotless warehouse.  That's my good friend Dawn Tidd learning how to pack boxes!






The next day we arrived early at the Convention Center for a private backstage tour and had a photo taken with Shelli (which I don't have a copy of yet) and got to stand center stage.



Dawn Tidd, Linda Callahan, Beth Klaumann, Ginger Toivonen, Eletha Suttey, Nicole Cronnelly


We were also given reserved seats waaaaaaay down front for each general session.  Wow it truly was the Ultimate Stamping Experience! Many thanks to all of the wonderful SU! employees who made it all so special!



I used the sets You Rock and Chalk Lines to create this week's card based on Amy's wonderful sketch.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your card and how everything comes together so perfectly. How did you do the stars border with the chair? I love your blog and I am always inspired by your creativity!!!!!!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness what a totally fabulous experience!!! I'm so jealous Linda! Your card is so clever and totally rocks - love your take on the sketch.

Linda said...

I love love love this card. I skipped over this stamp set for my first order and your card has made me see the possibilities. I will now have to add it to my next order!! I especially love how you added the flowers to the seat.

Dawn Tidd said...

Adorable! You rocked this sketch and Beth will love it. I'm still not even "put away" yet. You go girl! The whole trip was the ultimate time!

Claire Broadwater said...

Linda, it was fabulous to meet you! I am so excited that your friend won the total experience! Now, that rocks! Your card is fabulous! Wasn't going to purchase this stamp, but I think you changed my mind! XX

Unknown said...

Great pictures!

Amy O said...

The ultimate convention experience for the ultimate stamper -- seems so appropriate! Love how you've used that cute rocking chair with the sketch, and the pretty flowers are the icing on the cake. I'm SO glad I got to meet you in person in SLC!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love this adorable, fun card, Linda! Congrats on getting special treatment at Convention. That had to be fun. :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Go you! Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. It's no wonder that Beth picked you to go along with her adventure because you rock!!

Jen Brum said...

Linda, I love this card! That rocking chair is awesome! I love how it's just sitting there! Love all that pink and those adorable enamel dots! Looks like convention was a riot! Just wait until we have an FMS DT convention!!!!

Cindy Hall said...

I love this card and that stamp set is now of the top of my wish list! I know a lot of people that this would be a perfect card/sentiment for! As for your Ultimate Stampin' Experience... HOW COOL! Congrats!

Karren said...

I'm so glad you had a fabulous time at convention and got treated like a Queen :) This is another fantastic card - I love your take on the sketch and the wee flowers and those enamel dots are just perfect embellishments.

Greta said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love your creative card!

Jen Timko said...

Could not happen to a nicer person! Looks like you had a ball! Adorable card, of course….but that is a given!

Rita W said...

Wow! That sounds like the best way to enjoy Convention. This card is so fabulous and a perfect way to say thank you!