Thursday, June 22, 2017

Fusion: Fourth of July Jars





About those new stainless steel appliances I was talked into when we remodeled our kitchen two years ago.......I tried really hard to love them but it wasn't meant to be.  So much cleaning.....so much polishing.....so easily marked.  And don't get me started on the horrible glass top stove!  I just couldn't take those high maintenance cold metallic sentries any more!  New white appliances were delivered today and I am much happier.  It was like welcoming old friends back home!  Hello sweet friends!  And the stainless steel trio?  They are headed to the lake - my son has become their new constant caregiver......


Fourth of July is just around the corner so the inspiration at Fusion is perfect for this time of year! I used both elements on my card today for Fusion!  But you can be inspired by part of it.....or all of it!  Hope you join us!


Stamp Sets:  Fresh and Fruity (Sunny Studio), Hand Lettered Hello (Wplus9)
Paper:  Tasty Treats DSP, Whisper White
Dies:  Wonky Stitches (Avery Elle)
Ink: Black, Dapper Denim , Copics

10 comments:

Brian King said...

Such sweet fun! So fresh and clean!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on those stainless steel appliances!!!! Lol

Yes very cute card...clean and quick

I Card Everyone said...

I adore my S.S. - and these luscious summer fruits!!
=]

stampwithamyk said...

Cute card! Love the little fruit images and the cool stitched edges. Great design! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda I love your card!
Now about the stainless steel... I never had that but I do have black. So... just saying.
BUT I DO LOVE my glass top stove. It took me a while to get used to, but now I wouldn't want any other ... I buy the cream cleaner in the large size and fill my small bottle as needed... keep it right in the drawer next to the razor blade holder scrapper... LOVE IT!!! hugs

Dawn Tidd said...

Oh, what's not to love about this card?! The DSP is perfect with your fruit stamps, and your coloring looks great! Love the font on the sentiment too. Sorry about your appliances but at least you had somewhere for them to go!

Karren said...

Super cute and summery card - just what I need at the moment to feel warm! I have to say I love my stainless steel fridge and wall oven. I also have a glass cooktop and when our dishdrawers need replacing, they'll be s/s too. But I hear you about them marking easily!

Karren said...

I'm back to amend my last comment. We have brushed stainless steel which doesn't show the marks anywhere near as much. I don't think I could handle it if it wasn't brushed, for sure! Now back to your scheduled programming :)

LeAnne said...

This card is so fresh, I can just taste it! LOVE the colors! And yes, we are keeping our old appliances in our new kitchen.....if they ain't broke, I'm not fixin' them!!! Enjoy!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a perfect card for summer! The fruit looks delicious and the colors are wonderful. And yep, those stainless steel appliances can be a pain. I use this oily cleaner to keep mine looking shiny and nice - except the cat hair sticks to it like a magnet! Ha!