Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Quite the Leap....FMS292






I love "behind the scenes" stories that tell what really happened...........like the making of this card for example......

I can't envision a card totally in my head.....I have to play around with paper, colors and images a bit on scrap paper before I start the real thing.  I loved Cecile's circles this week and decided to try a one layer card and recreate the sketch with just stamping.  I planned a light wash in the background with my design stamped on top of it.  I pulled out Eastern Elegance and started playing with circles and patterns (as you can see below) while my watercolor dried.....just trying to figure out how I would do it "for real."  



But my watercolor wash ended up being very dark and I thought to myself.....wow that looks like a frog pond.......and before I knew I had frogs playing leap frog across the pool!




Cecile my oh so talented friend from across the big pond has a delightful sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!




I am also adding this card to the CAS Summer watercolour gallery.






Stamp Sets:  Ribbit Ribbit (Avery Elle), Hoppy Days (Newton's Nook)
Ink:  Black, Zig Watercoloring

20 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Those frogs got a jump on your plans and turned out oh, so cute! Love the sentiment too!

Stampingcountry said...

Such cuteness! Love all your happy frogs.

I Card Everyone said...

Your pond was meant to be, Linda! LOve those frogs, but the SENTIMENT!!! Warts not to love about THAT!!!??? You've started my day with a smile ... thanks!
=]

Brian King said...

SUCH A GREAT CARD! This is such a wonderful interpretation of this sketch. Love it, Linda!

Kim S said...

Isn't it fun how creativity and inspiration work?!! I love the card you got to!

LeAnne said...

Love your warty, froggy, funny creation!

stampwithamyk said...

Too cute! Love the little frogs and your sentiment is perfect. The "pond" is the perfect color! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

so so cute! Love this... hugs

Amy O said...

It doesn't surprise me that your brain works in such creative and clever ways! I love the cute frogs and punny sentiment.

Jen Brum said...

Oh Linda! I love this card! Those frogs are great and I love that sentiment! Great colouring! Thanks for joining me this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

Wart's up? Ha ha too funny! What a wonderful take on the sketch - those frogs are just too cute!

Loll said...

This is super cute, Linda. Love to see your process. :) I try to plan cards in my head, but lots of time they turn out way different than envisioned. This is adorable with your sweet frogs and fun sentiment. Love that bright watercoloured pond. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Bonnie said...

Oh, Linda, this is adorable! I love your leaping frogs! We've been hearing lots of tree frogs outside our house. At least I'm hoping they stay outside. Sometimes it sounds like they're in the room with me! Thanks so much for sharing these delightful frogs with us at CAS Watercolour!

Nora Noll said...

I adore how you played with this sketch!! Those frogs are just too cute!!!

Jen Timko said...

I love hearing how you came upon this design! Your frogs are adorable and I love that sentiment!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love your leap from Eastern Elegance to frogs! Ha ha - I couldn't resist! Seriously, where do you come up with these ideas? This is fabulous!

Christine Alexander said...

great transition into frolicking frogs over a pond :) Awesome CAS card and thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

nancy littrell said...

Such a fun and colorful CAS design for Summer, linda. Love your jumping frogs. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs..

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! I totally love those fun frogs, Linda! And I love your "behind the scene" story too! Amazing how creativity expresses itself! Thanks so much for this great take on my sketch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ha! I love this card! Those little froggies are just the cutest!