Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Life is Sweet - FMS588

 



We had a great Memorial Day Weekend with perfect weather every day - almost unheard of around here!  Will came to visit for a day and got to see Emma and Junior (her horse) in action!





We had a picnic at the lake and I actually got in some reading at the beach!  I am tucked under the trees in this picture not too far from the red umbrella!  My son was using his drone to take pictures.




And finally Monday was the hometown parade - Emma is decked out for the event.  





I think I may know where my inspiration for the card came from.......







Jen Mitchell has a great sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Hope you join us!



Stamp Sets: Sweetest Cherries (SU!), Berry Sweet (Scrapbook .com)
Ink: Sweet Sorbet, Granny Apple Green, Pecan Pie
Paper: Basic White, Sweet Sorbet



9 comments:

LeAnne said...

Delicious card! It looks like you had a great weekend...I am enthralled by the drone photos! How fun to be able to take pictures from a bird's eye view! But EMMA! She looks like she's about 20 in that photo! Stop them from growing up so fast!

stampwithamyk said...

Yay for awesome weather for the holiday weekend! Looks like you had fun! Cute card too, love the cherries and the gingham! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous photos, and a darling card that is the cherry on the top of this post!
WOW that lake is bigger than I imagined - gorgeous place to take a book!
=]

Amy O said...

I love this sweet card! That plaid paper is fabulous. And so is your reading spot.

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is delightful, Linda! Thanks for sharing your weekend photos. Looks like good times were had by all!

Jen Brum said...

This card is amazing Linda! I love the red and white and love those cherries! Looks like your summer has started off well!!! So much fun!

Jen Mitchell said...

Looks like your weekend was a great start to a fun summer! And your card is the perfect representation of summer! Bring on the fruit!

Karren said...

Great photos and a fabulous card! Makes me feel the sun just looking at it (and it's freezing cold here today!)

Judy Rozema said...

What a great little trip into summer! I adore your cherries card. It makes me happy and is so cute with the gingham. When we lived in Utah I put up oodles of sweet and sour cherries for later - pies and cakes and cobblers.