Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Time to Celebrate! FMS586

 



I am celebrating that my second cataract surgery is over and I am recovering!  So many eye drops!  I am still in recovery mode but my vision is much brighter which is the good news.  My up close vision is great but I will need glasses for distance - which is the opposite of what most people have after cataract surgery.  Now I wait for a month until everything has settled in - healed - or whatever is happening in my eyes and then I can get fitted for glasses again.  In the meantime I am wearing very old glasses for distance and none for close work.  I am glad I kept several old pairs over the years.  I have them all over the house now.  It's a little nutsy and I often end up with a headache but it is workable. So I decided a celebration card was in order using SU's new Beautiful Balloons set!




Jacquie has a great sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!




Stamp Set: Beautiful Balloons
Paper: Basic White, Bright and Beautiful DSP,  Bubble Bath
Ink: Azure Afternoon, Lemon Lime Twist, Bubble Bath, Lemon Lolly


11 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

That's way too cute! Love the colors and the fun balloons! :)

Ginger said...

Linda so glad this surgery is behind you! The drops are a pain but before you know it, they will be finished. Glad to hear that all went well. Darling card celebrating the event.

I Card Everyone said...

Add me to the list of those happy to hear you're over this second surgery - that 'settling in period' can be frustrating I hear from many, but I hope you'll come through it with flying, clear, and the brightest of colors, Linda!
In the meantime, your pretty party card is worthy of celebrating!
=]

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card! I just love those balloons and the fun, bright colours! I'm so thankful your surgery went well and you are in recovery mode! You'll be back to normal in no time at all!

Lisa Elton said...

Prayers that the settling in period goes quickly, Linda! Love your fun and festive card!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is just so pretty, fun and festive, Linda! I know your eyes will get better day by day, but this healing time is really not fun. Hugs, my friend.

Kim S said...

You should definitely be celebrating!! I can't believe you made this beautiful card during the healing process (and with headaches!)

Karren said...

Having two successful surgeries is definitely cause to celebrate and what a fun card you created! Hope everything is bright and clear and headache-free soon.

Cécile RIBON said...

So glad, your surgery has been successful and that your vision is now almost back to normal, Linda! This fun and cheery card is a great way to celebrate that!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is just awesome! I love the way you've used this bundle, so many details to look at!

Judy Rozema said...

Yay for balloons and celebrating your second surgery! You're behind it all now! Super cute and cheery card!