Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Notes from Long Ago......FMS347





So could I use the word shiplap here to describe the background of this card?  I miss that show and if you are a fan of HGTV you know exactly whose show I am talking about!

In the meantime these two characters are still putting on their own show.  Miss Emma is dressed for Moana Summer Dance Camp - who knew there was such a thing?  And Gram is dressed for supper. Gram is still doing very well physically - takes no medication at all - but her memories fade daily. She remembers long ago but not ten minutes ago.  She loves to tell Emma stories about "when your mother was young."  And Emma loves to hear them......but the truth is the stories are about me when I was young........and I love to hear them too........








Have fun with the elements in Kim's neat sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  I loved using country elements from Country Road for my card!


Stamp Sets:  Country Road, Wood Words
Ink:  Merry Merlot,  Crushed Curry, Gathered Twigs (Distress)
Paper:  Merry Merlot, Wood Textures DSP, Whisper White


11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Every time I hear that Ship Lap term, I wonder where is comes from … did they use the timber from ships to build homes?
I never wonder where your creativity comes from, Linda … this is the perfect direction for Kim's sketch!
Mom's stories must me amazing to hear again, and about you? even better ...
=]

LeAnne said...

Aw, it is bittersweet when our parents' memories fade, but how wonderful your mom shares them with Emma! And your card is wonderful...just got that set and need to play with it more!

Amy O said...

This card is no fixer upper. It's perfect as it is. I'm sorry your mother's memories are failing, but I'm glad she has held on to ones about you and treasures them so much she wants to share them with Emma.

Ginger said...

Watching our parents lose their memories is difficult indeed. But how nice that she is able to share with Emma. No medicine is incredible! And your card is lovely!

stampwithamyk said...

I love your card! The design is just perfect and so are the colors. :)

Sweet picture of the two girls, so glad that your mom an still remember your childhood so well! I bet that it is fun listening to the stories. :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda love this card, and I love HGTV too! Shiplap is Very rustic / cottage to me. Love the look!
Your mom looks amazing, and even though her memory is fading at least she is still in the "now" ... so happy about that. (Been there/done that). Little Emma is doll and I always love when the little ones enjoy the older ones! Brings wonderful memories of my family/ my childhood ... Hugs

Jen Mitchell said...

I will confess to having no idea what show you are talking about! But I do know what ship lap is and I think your background looks just like it! What a creative take on the sketch! And big hugs to you and your mom. I'm sure it's not easy - but it must be a bit fun to hear her take on stories of you...

Kim S said...

Yay shiplap!! I love your mix of elements - so much detail and still so wonderfully fresh!! (And I love your family - isn't it wonderful that Emma gets to hear those stories no matter who they are about?!)

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! I love that background and all those elements! I hope you're writing down the stories your mom is telling!!! I love the relationship between your mom and Emma! So sweet!

Karren said...

Oh this is such a great take on the sketch! A wonderfully textured look. And what a great photo of your mum and Emma!

Stampingcountry said...

I miss that show too. Your card is simply adorable!