Sunday, July 29, 2018

Stamp Review Crew: Sea of Textures







The Stamp Review Crew is featuring Sea of Textures this week.  It is a terrific undersea set with coordinating diecuts.  I just couldn't resist pairing the octopus with that sentiment.  Yes I entertain myself when I make my cards!

So I hope you enjoy the hop!  I have a sudden urge to make popcorn and watch 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.........



If you missed Stesha Bloodhart's fabulous work head back.......


                                                  



Otherwise head onward to see Nikki Spencer's delightful creations!




I used Brian King's wonderful sketch at Cas(e) this Sketch as the basis of my design.


                                   





Stamp Set:  Sea of Textures
Ink:  Fresh Fig, Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Paper:  Whisper White, Tranquil Textures DSP

14 comments:

Charlet Mallett said...

Yes! Beautiful card with the tentacles peeking out from behind your sentiment. Love it! I've never seen 20,000 leagues under the sea. I'd better check it out. xo - Charlet

Unknown said...

Love how the octopus is placed! Great Card!

Dawn Tidd said...

Clever girl! That sentiment is perfect with the octopus!

Karren said...

Such a fun underwater card!

Heidi Baks said...

Ha, that's super cute! I love it!!

Christy Lynn said...

I love how you made the octopus reach out from behind the sentiment panel! Such a fun idea!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, you entertain yourself, and me, too! Such a fun rendition of Brian's Sketch... thanks for sharing your fun card with us at CTS!
=]

stampwithamyk said...

Awesome card Linda! Love the clean design and your sentiment is definitely perfect with your image. :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the idea of popping the label in front of the octopus. What a fun card.

Lou said...

You crack me up Linda! This is such a fun, witty card. It really grabs me! x

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, Linda! Yep...this is the perfect sentiment for the octopus!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Brian King said...

Such a fun card, Linda! I love that your octopus is hiding behind the sentiment. <3

Nikki Spencer said...

Love those colours together Linda and your submerged octopus is such a clever look...Lovely use of this set! xx