Sunday, July 15, 2018

Stamp Review Crew: Lemon Zest











The Stamp Review Crew is featuring Lemon Zest this week.  It is a sweet, tart and summery fun kind of set!  I altered the sentiment a bit - left out the word "it" so I could put Happy Birthday on the inside.  I just put a small piece of a post-it note over "it" when I inked the sentiment and then peeled it off before I stamped.  I have been known to do some surgical cutting of sentiments at times but I prefer to use a post-it note when I can!






If you are on track you just saw Bronwyn Eastley's fabulous work - head back there if you missed it!






Otherwise head onward to my friend Heidi Baks' blog to see what treats she has in store!





I used the sketch from Fab Friday for my design.




Stamp Set:  Lemon Zest
Ink:  Granny Apple Green, Pineapple Punch
Paper: Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP









17 comments:

Yapha Mason said...

Great card, Linda! I love the background color with the lemon and lime. And I much prefer the sentiment without the "it." :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Cute, cute, Linda! Love how you incorporated the sketch, it was perfect!

Tanya Boser said...

Love the addition of the pink! It really gives this card a kick :)

stampwithamyk said...

So cute! Love the fun colors and the "sweet" design. Perfect! :)

Kelly Kent said...

Wow - the pink really changes up the whole tone of the card Linda, so sweet!!! Kelly x

Karren said...

Wonderful citrus-y card and your stamp altering looks perfect!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the pink background for your cluster of fruit.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda this is so cute. I like the combo lemon/lime and the small pieces inside are perfect! I love how your altered the sentiment, I have such trouble with that, I usually make such a mess using tape..... I normally end up using a marker! Hugs.

Mickey Roberts said...

Linda, I love the DSP colors you used to lift your lemons into the front. I would never have considered them but they are perfect!

Cindy said...

The pink background really makes the citrus colors pop - love it!

Mike said...

Love your color palette in this card. But I really love the wedges of fruit. Makes me want to make a margarita or Gin and Tonic!

Heather said...

Woo hoo! I still love my lemons, and I LOVE seeing them out and about! Great take on the sketch, Linda - such fun colors to go with it, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Lou said...

Such a fun, fresh and sweet card Linda. I love the altered sentiment of the front and the cute citrus arrangement on this inside. x

Twinkle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi Baks said...

Lovely color combo! Makes me think of pink grapefruit, which I love but can't really eat. Waaahhh! LOL

Amanda Mertz said...

I never would have thought to pair Lemon Zest with the Tropical paper but it works so well! I love it! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Charlet Mallett said...

Adorable! I love the yellow paired with pink. Super cute.