Wednesday, August 30, 2023

A Novel Birthday.....FMS601

 






There are so many adorable images, dies and and papers in the Let's Go Shopping Suite it was hard to decide which ones to use - but it was fun assembling this street scene. I do love a good book store.....and I do love a good book. I never leave home without a book in my bag and by that I mean a real hardcover.....no kindle or paperback!  The one I'm reading now? Good Night, Irene by Luis Alberto Urria, a story about two Red Cross women serving on the front lines in Europe during WW2. And waiting on my desk next in line is An Honest Man by Michael Koryta.  I am always interested to hear what people enjoy reading so feel free to leave me a comment if you have a good recommendation!






I'm delighted to start the six hundreds with my sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Hope you join us - can't wait to see what you create!


Stamps: Let's Go Shopping (SU!), Our Story (MFT)
Ink: Memento Black, Copics
Paper: Les Shoppes DSP, Night of Navy, Basic White, Basic Black


12 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Such a cute card! Love the bookstore too, perfect layering and design! No book recommendations...I mostly read what I call "airplane novels". They're the ones that don't require a lot of thought and generally can be finished in two flights. :)

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, I have a Kindle, but have kept hardcovers of my favorite books, Linda! A Woman of Substance by Barbara Taylor Bradford and every sequel written has been one of those that I will never let go of! In fact, I may start over when winter comes.
I also love any good WW2 era story! Have you read War Brides by Helen Bryan?
I'd shop with you in this darling bookstore any day. An adorable scene and remarkable sentiment for an avid reader!
=]

Barb said...

Love your bookstore! Such a cute idea and a perfect card for all of my book loving friends!!! I’ll be casing - tfs.

I love a good WW-II era book, too. All the Light We Cannot See and The Nightingale are two of my favorites. But lately, I have been recommending two books that were strongly recommended to me by friends: Horse and Remarkably Bright Creatures. Hubby and I listened to the audiobooks on two long road-trips and thoroughly enjoyed both! And here hubby thought he only enjoyed historic, non-fiction lol


Lisa Elton said...

I love WW2 stories too, Linda! Your bookstore card is darling. I could spend some quality time in there!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Totally awesome card Linda! I am loving all the details to your card!

Ida said...

What a great sketch you did for the start of the next 100 sketches.
Your little book store scene is really fun. - I read a lot myself but now it's on a kindle (which is a book just not in book form). I just started reading, The Tour (part of a series) by Jean Grainger. So far I'm enjoying it.

lichazul said...

Beautiful bookstore, very pretty card 🤩💐 congrats, have a great day

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I absolutely love that book store and it's so perfect for you and your sketch! I love all the little details on this card! So sweet! Have you read "The Spoon Stealer"? It was a really good one. I usually read mysteries but The Spoon Stealer was a nice change!

Jacquie Southas said...

I thought I was the only one that still prefers reading from a real hardback book. Love this sweet little scene and great sentiment for a book lover's birthday. Thanks for a fun sketch this week!

Julia said...

This card is absolutely adorable!

Karren said...

What a fabulous scene you've created with your book shop! So very cute! Thanks for a great sketch.

Cécile RIBON said...

Absolutely awesome, Linda! I'm love with this sweet library and each and every one of the small details are so perfect.