Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Anniversaries! FMS600!

 



There are three anniversaries to celebrate around here this month. The Big Guy and I celebrated 50 years with a dinner out with the kids and grandkids.  My daughter asked what we remembered about that day and we both answered THE HEAT at the same time.  It was a blistering hot, humid day and the AC at our reception venue quit about fifteen minutes in - 150 people and a band in one room with no windows that opened! Yeow! This photo was taken right before the reception.



My card today is headed to my daughter and son-in-law next week as they celebrate their anniversary next week.  There was a lot of rain a few days before their wedding and all of the roads to their wedding venue were closed!  Miraculously the river behind them receded just in time for their big day! Note the high water mark on the railing!








But today we are celebrating Freshly Made Sketches' 600th sketch!  That is a lot of cards since September of 2011.  I am delighted to be a member of that original team and to still be a part of the team today!  That's a lot of cards in 12 years but I am always excited to see the amazing creativity every single week - from the team and from all of you.  We have guest designers this week and an opportunity for you to become a guest designer as well.  So I hope you will join us and help us celebrate at Freshly Made Sketches!

                                     

Stamp Sets: Happy Anniversary (Colorado Craft Co.), Abstract Beauty (SU!) Die Cut
Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Distress - Scattered Straw, Picked Raspberry, Tumbled Glass
Paper: Distress White



18 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute card! Love the little mice, perfect for an anniversary! Bummer on the AC at your wedding reception...but I'm sure that it made it very memorable! :)

Jen Mitchell said...

What an adorable card! And so many anniversaries! I can't help but notice the resemblance between Miss Emma and a young Linda! DNA is a funny thing! So glad to have spent the last 600 sketches with you!

I Card Everyone said...

Okay, I know I'm here for the card, but I can't stop looking at your wedding day photo! LINDA! how wonderful - 50 YEARS!! and I'm sure every day has been blessed with bliss!
Congratulations on your accomplishment - and same to the Big Guy!
Your card is just. absolutely. adorable! I'm so happy to be playing cards with you today! x
=]

LeAnne said...

All three anniversaries are definitely worth celebrating, especially that first one! WOOHOO! Congrats! And what a fun little card you've created to boot....I just love ALL those little mice that Anna creates and you've created a special card to commemorate the occasion! And I love seeing the photos too!

Amy O said...

I love this sweet image and the pretty colors! And I love the pictures! I definitely see a resemblance between you and Emma. It has been a joy to serve on this team with you, Linda!

Bonnie said...

This is the sweetest anniversary card! Happy 50th anniversary and congratulations on being on this design team for so long!

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling card, love those little mice! Congratulations on all of these wonderful anniversaries, Linda! Thanks for sharing the wedding photos, so pretty!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card! I just love those mice! They're too cute! Happy Anniversary to your daughter and her husband! 50 years is amazing! My parents celebrate 50 next year! Definitely a huge accomplishment!

Jacquie Southas said...

Thanks for 12 years of great inspiration, Linda! This design is just as sweet as can be! Love the way you framed the bridal couple and the soft rainbow stripes.

Rosemary said...

Love your sweet take on the sketch! The little mice are too adorable. So happy that I could join FMS as a guest designer for your milestone 600th sketch! And congrats on 50 years of marriage!

Jen Timko said...

I see in that wedding photo that sense of fun and good humor that are part of the soul of our FMS family. I'm forever grateful to this little band of enablers for all you have brought to my life. I'm richer for knowing you!! Congrats on all the big moments you are celebrating. (and of course the card is as sweet as can be)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Clearly much to celebrate in the Callahan household this week Linda - and this sweet pair are perfect for the occasion! Congratulations, founding member! Thank you for having me guest with you to celebrate this momentous occasion - looking forward to many more years of FMS inspiration!

Karren said...

Congrats to you and the Big Guy - you make a beautiful couple. And also to Erin and Mike - seems like your family likes weather events at your weddings :) And as for your card, this would have to be one of my favourites from you ever. So cute and perfectly executed. I'm so glad to be on this team with you.

lichazul said...

So cute card 🀩🀩🀩🀩, congrats πŸ’πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ happy day

Kim S said...

So many celebrations - and REALLY big celebrations. 50 years?!! Wow. I'm at 33 and surprised every day that we made it this far - but 50?! And 600 sketches with you as an original! The card is charming. What a sweet image and wonderful with the soft stripes and confetti.

CΓ©cile RIBON said...

Wow! This card is total cuteness, Linda. This little couple is so sweet. Thanks so much for all these years of so inspiring cards and fun sketches. Here's to another 12 years

Narelle Farrugia said...

Happy Anniversary to all! I am loving this sweet card with those sweet mice!

Ida said...

This was one of my favorites from all the 600th Sketch cards. So sweet and cute. Congrats on the milestone anniversary.