Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Stencil Me In......FMS599

 





My granddaughter Emma's latest passion in my craft room is stenciling.  When she stopped by this week I was stenciling this card panel and she asked me how I was going to use it on my card.  I told her I had to trim it down as it was going to be my middle panel and she immediately protested "nooooooo.....what will happen to the rest of those flowers?"  She finally "agreed" to dotted vellum panels over the stenciling.





Meanwhile she found an ice cream cone stencil to work on to add to her stash of stenciled pieces.  I asked if she was going to turn it into a card and she looked horrified!

Miss Emma finally agreed to a fancy edge and a sentiment.....now if I can just get her to agree to glue it on a card base.......







Jen Mitchell has a great sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  hope you join us!



Stamp Set and Stencil: Buds & Blossoms (Taylored Expressions)
Ink:  Cracked Pistachio, Victorian Velvet, Picked Raspberry (Distress Inks), Memento Black
Paper: Distress White, Patterned Vellum, Crumb Cake

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Emma! The struggle is real! I'm glad neither of you trimmed your pretty stenciled panels too much but found the perfect way to finish them off! Speaking of... where did you find this dotted vellum????
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I think Emma will be entering card challenges before you know it! She has a good eye and her stenciling is fantastic! Love that you added the dotted vellum to those darling flowers. Very cute card!

stampwithamyk said...

That's awesome! Love the colors and the pretty stenciled flowers...and I agree with Emma, you can't just trim and get rid of the stenciled edges! ;) Love her ice cream cones too! :)

Amy O said...

You two are stenciling pros! I love your solution for the sketch -- the vellum works beautifully. A lovely card, Linda!

Jen Mitchell said...

Emma is a smart girl! She had the most perfect idea to use the dotted vellum. You two are a dynamic duo!

LeAnne said...

I love those beautiful blossoms and I think the vellum overlay is just perfect! How cool that Emma likes stencils! I think I am on my way to TE to pick up some CHICKEN stencils that have been calling my name, LOL!

Ida said...

So dainty and feminine. It's a lovely card and I like the dotted vellum. Your little granddaughter did a great job with her stencil.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that stencilled panel Linda and Emma was so right - too good to cover up or cut for sure - the vellum was a great compromise! I think her artistic skills are showing real promise - I love her ice cream panel too!

Karren said...

What a clever way to keep the full stenciled panel but stick to the sketch! This stencil is just fabulous and I love the colours you've used with it.