Wednesday, August 9, 2023

In The Pink.....FMS598

 



Flowers are in full bloom here as we sail through August so I thought I would add a few to my card today.  Emma and I went to see the Barbie movie this week which definitely inspired me to break out the pink. That movie also brought back memories. I remember the release of the very first Barbie in the black and white striped bathing suit.  Her outfits were sold separately but she conveniently came with a little photo booklet of outfits and accessories.  I never really played with dolls until Barbie appeared on the scene and then my cousin and I "played Barbies" every day. Oh that Barbie was so smart and stylish!  And today my original Barbie lives on, packed away in a box at my daughter's house!





What will you put in the corners of Jen Timko's delightful sketch? Join us at Freshly Made Sketches!



Stamps: Seaside Post (Concord & 9th)
Ink: Buttercup, Nectar and Spiced Cider - Concord & 9th; Granny Apple Green - Stampin' Up!
Paper: Basic White



10 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet card! Love the colors and the pretty flower die cuts. Glad that you enjoyed the movie! I keep hearing how good it is. :)

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, Barbie would love your card! I love it more because of the yellow flowers you added with the pinks. SO pretty!
I had Barbies - and always loved the Barbie coloring books!
=]

LeAnne said...

Lovely flowers, big and bold! I remember those Barbies, AND the little book! I told my uncle I wanted the negligee, but mispronounced it....he just about lost it! I also had one with wigs! Some I still have, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Your Barbie inspired card is delightful, Linda! My cousin and I played Barbies in the back of my dad's pick up truck every summer when we went camping! Great memories!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your florals are so pretty Linda, Barbie pink and all! Those dolls were just the best.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card! I love those pretty flowers and the Barbie inspired pink! So pretty! Love that postage stamp rectangle as well! My mom probably still has my Barbie's packed away somewhere!

Kim S said...

I love your use of the different, yet matching flowers, in each corner!! It's an absolutely perfect card for "hugs"!

Jen Timko said...

These flowers are so great and I love the pink. Jealous that you saw the movie. I'm hoping I can soon.

lichazul said...

Beautiful card, congrats 💐 happy day

Vicky Hayes said...

What a stunning card Linda! I love your pretty flower clusters and the sentiment which reminds me of icing!

I never had a Barbie but my daughter had loads and we bonded over making outfits for her! Vicky x