Thursday, December 31, 2009

Then and Now.......Happy New Year!


1970 - New York City - Times Square - I was there watching the ball drop - an experience everyone needs to do at least once - and while you are young! Forty years later I am still watching that ball drop only now it's from the vantage point of my easy chair. No complaints though, I'm quite content with this view. I dressed up my card with Night and Day Designer Paper just to wish you all a Happy New Year. The wonderfully scrunchy flower is made from 8 scallop circles also cut from the designer paper. (The idea is from the uniquely talented Lydia Fiedler - Understand Blue Paper Arts. ) Thanks to all of you for being so supportive of my blogging endeavors this year. Looking forward to 2010 and wishing you all the best!

5 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Stunning . . . of course I simply HAD to read on how you created the flower. Trés Chic! Hugs and Happy New Year. M

Terry Molineux said...

What a terrific card! I am just about to go into my kitchen and make up a New Year's card for a friend that invite us over for a party last night. It's been about 30 years since we've done that and forgot what fun it is to be with friends to ring in the New Year! Thanks for sharing.

Ann Schach said...

Very classy! Love the black and white. The flower is the perfect touch!

Lydia Fiedler said...

It's beautiful!!! Happy New Year!

Mary said...

I love this card!!! I am a huge fan of making cards using red, white and black. They always looks so rich. I'm with you about seeing the ball drop at Times Square. And I garee that you should be young when you do it. :)

Thanks for sharing your card with us.

Mary