Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Random Thoughts.......FMS73


Used as a Valentine or to say thinking of you this card will get the message across that "Thoughts of you....." make me smile. Just a few random thoughts that made me smile tonight:

As he entered the chamber before his State of the Union speech, President Obama greeted one of my high school friends - who is now a member of the House of Representatives!  His smile might have been bigger than mine!  I decided that was probably the highlight of the event for me so I changed channels and headed back to Madison Square Garden for the rest of the Westminster Dog Show.  

Watching those rock star dogs for two nights brought back memories of dogs that have been part of our family over the years.  Having owned a Scottie for 15 years, I smiled when the announcer mentioned that the Scottish Terrier can't hide the fact that he always feels superior to his owner.  So true..........

Then there's Emma - 5 months old today!  And what makes me smile about this picture?  Emma looks just like my dad................





Jen's sketch makes me smile too - hope you join is at Freshly Made Sketches this week!


16 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ooh, love this - those little hearts are adorable (as is the umbrella), and your button complements those gray hues so well! And Emma...sooooo cute!

Library Barb said...

We also had local representation at Westminster. The advertising department head of our local paper, one block west of the library, was there showing Dora!

http://www.leaderherald.com/page/content.detail/id/553819/Broadalbin-dog-ready-to-take-on-the-competition.html

http://www.leaderherald.com/page/content.detail/id/553997/Local-dog-moves-ahead-at-Westminster-show.html?nav=5011

Who'd a-thunk...from podunk Gville! :)

Jen Mitchell said...

So many smiles!

Love the card - great color combo. And Emma is just the cutest!

Terri Orr said...

Love the card a lot, especially the way the hearts under the 'brella are red.
But I REALLY love this post. Made me very happy!

Tui Nathan said...

Ooooh .... isn't she just the cutest .... what smile!!!

What a wonderful card Linda ... those colours are fab and yes ... that sentiment fits perfectly!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Linda! I really wish I had purchased that stamp set!!! Love the colours!!! Emma is so adorable! I can't believe she's 5 months already! Time flies way too fast!

Linda Suarez said...

What a great card Linda! I love that umbrella with the hearts coming down under the umbrella and the rain outside!

Darnell said...

I have to start, of course, with that hysterically adorable and precious photo of Emma and me!! Oh, wait is that a stuffed cow? My mistake. She (Emma) is a sweetie!

And your card is going in my faves, Linda! I love everything about how you did this!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

I'm just lovin' this umbrella set and the opposite polka dots in gray and white are fabulous! LoVE polka dots in any color but they fit so perfectly tucked behind the raindrops! love this card. Hugs.

How precious is your little angel. She is just a little doll. hugs.

Cindy Hall said...

I love the colors and papers on this card, Linda! The way you did pink rain-hearts under the umbrella is so clever.

Jen Timko said...

I love this combination of dsp's in the background!! Such a cute card! That picture of Emma is just too cute! Such a sweet smile.

Rita W said...

LOVE this card, Linda. It totally made me kick myself for not getting this set. I can't believe that Emma is 5 months old already! They are growing too fast aren't they? Laila will be 8 months in just 9 more days. Yikes!

Allisa said...

Love your card, the pop of red is perfect. Your pic of Emma is too cute!

Shelley said...

How adorable. The card and Emma! She is so cute and happy in this picture. Funny how we see things in pictures that aren't always apparent in our day to day lives.

Lesley said...

I love this sweet umbrella and the colours you used Linda! Your little Emma is absolutely darling! Now I am smiling...

Jaydee said...

the card is great... but totally eclipsed by the fabulous photo of Emma! what an absolute cutie!
hugs
jaydee