Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer Engagements - FMS149









This bright summery card is headed to a newly engaged couple. The heart clip and "diamond" studded heart keep with the engagement theme. The soft blue/green background is a watercolor wash over embossed hearts framed by a Strawberry Slush border. 

We also had another summer engagement recently.  To celebrate my mother's recent 89th birthday and Emma's upcoming second birthday we decided to have a four generation tea party.  It is a very exclusive group!  

Emma and I are clinking cookies and saying cheers in this first photo. I love that we are using my grandmother's china cups on a tablecloth crocheted by my mother and sitting on chairs that were hand caned by my dad.



And these two may be 87 years apart but they are definitely partners in crime!





Rita has designed a terrific sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  My card also qualifies for one of the recent Dirty Dozen challenges on Splitcoast.

10 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda what a nice card..love both the "hearts" on it too...and the little whisp of twine is my new favorite thing to do... thanks to YOU!
Your photos are fabulous... and that's what I call keeping a tea party in the family! Your mom look fantastic! Love that second shot of the two smiling faces! hugs.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda what a nice card..love both the "hearts" on it too...and the little whisp of twine is my new favorite thing to do... thanks to YOU!
Your photos are fabulous... and that's what I call keeping a tea party in the family! Your mom look fantastic! Love that second shot of the two smiling faces! hugs.

Amy O said...

I love this, Linda! Your watercolor background is so soft and pretty, and that's a fun sentiment for an engagement card. The tea party photos are absolutely precious!

Jen Mitchell said...

*sigh* this is sweet on so many levels. First you start off with a pretty card destined for two just starting their lives together and then you finish a pic of four generations celebrating life! How wonderful this is!

Karren said...

I love your color washed background, Linda and the heart clip and heart are perfect for an engagement card! And those photos are fabulous! Four generations together is pretty amazing.

Jen Brum said...

Linda, this card is so pretty! You are brave trying the water colouring! Love the heart and the twine! Such sweet photos of your family! I love that you are all having a tea party! I love tea parties!!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a lovely background you've created - you're so very clever! The embellishments you've added are such a lovely touch!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Linda, your watercolour background is so pretty with the soft colours.

Cindy Hall said...

You are definitely ALWAYS on the cutting-edge of card making, Linda (excuse the pun!). Love the watercoloring! This is such a pretty card!

Kim S said...

What a special event and a wonderful photo to remember it! (The card is very sweet too - I love the hearts that you've added.)