Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Under the Weather.....FMS243






A short but fierce thunderstorm rolled through this week downing trees and branches in our neighborhood.  A crew came by yesterday to get a huge branch out of the wires across the street.  So the big guy and I headed outside to watch as the bucket truck lifted a guy with a chainsaw up among the leaves.  And the conversation went like this:

BG:  He shouldn't be cutting at that angle.  The branch is going to buck and smack right into him.

Me:  They are professionals....they know what they are doing.

BG:  I'm telling you that branch is going to come right back at him.

Me:  Why don't you go over there and tell him?

BG:  They are professionals.....they know what they are doing.

Me:  That's right!

And then sure enough that branch bucked and headed right back at the guy in the bucket - who fortunately had great reflexes and escaped injury.

BG:  I told you.......

Why do I ever doubt him?





This week's events must have inspired my card - fortunately I don't have to send it to the chain saw guy!  The cute umbrella from Weather Together fit nicely with Amy's terrific sketch this week.  And that rainy background from By The Shore DSP was perfect!  (Still loving the new colors Sweet Sugarplum and Dapper Denim.) The sentiment is from Rain or Shine by Sunny Studio.




And I have no idea what this is but the Big Guy was hauling it around today to paint the camp in preparation for our Fourth of July Celebration at the lake!  I wisely offered no advice......








12 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Ha! That story made me laugh right out loud. :) And very wise to offer no advice on the house painting...some things are better left to the "professionals". ;) Cute card! Love that umbrella stamp set!

Unknown said...

Is that Sweet sugarplum with Dapper Denim? Whatever it is, it is a fabulous combination! Love your crisp and clean style!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Things are hopping up there! Love that DSP and cute umbrella together! Wish we needed n umbrella down here! :)

Stampingcountry said...

Cute pick me up card!

Amy O said...

This is adorable, Linda! And your story made me laugh! Hopefully you won't need this card after the camp painting too.

Just Me said...

Love your card and your story ...thanks so much for sharing.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a pretty sympathy card ! Love the sweet umbrella and the tiny heart among rain drops

Karren said...

Great story! And a great card - that background paper is perfect for the adorable umbrella.

Jen Mitchell said...

I know exactly what that is. It is a Genie TZ-34/20. And if you rub the paint brush really fast against the window trim Barbara Eden pops out of it and offers to finish painting for you.

And can I just say that I am shocked that you doubted the Big Guy again! After last week's disaster with the swing set I would have thought you'd learned your lesson! Good thing the guy in the bucket truck saved himself from serious injury otherwise you'd be delivering this card to him!

Cindy Hall said...

You, indeed, are wise. I haven't gotten to that stage in marriage yet! :) you card is fabulous, right down to the DSP and that sweet, puffy heart.

Greta said...

Funny story--glad the chain saw guy had good reflexes! Your card is darling--love the cute umbrella & pretty colors!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Linda! I love that umbrella and the rain drops! That background is perfect too! I love the conversation with your husband! He sounds hilarious!