Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Handwritten Birthday.....FMS321





This birthday card is headed all the way to Alaska next week!  I can remember mailing a letter for a nickel but it is still amazing to be able to buy an "airline ticket" for this card to travel over 3000 miles for only 50 cents!  And it is also amazing that even in a world of instant messaging most people still love to get handwritten cards in the mail.  I do and I especially love the handwritten part!  




Jen Brum my friend who lives even farther north than I do has a wonderful sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Hope you join us!





Stamp Sets:  Birthday Wishes for You, Bird Banter
Ink: Black, Rich Razzleberry Blends, Copics
Paper:  Whisper White, Petal Passion DSP

11 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Awesome deign Linda! Love the little balloons tucked around your sentiment. Perfect! :)

Jen Timko said...

This turned out wonderfully, Linda! I love the pops of color against that black/white geometric background.

Amy O said...

Those balloons are perfect for this sketch! And I love the bold black and white background border. A fun birthday card!

I Card Everyone said...

I agree, Linda! Still makes me smile - now if I could just stick a stamp on my forehead!
A wonderful birthday card!
=]

Brian King said...

Such an incredible card, Linda! I love how you've included the balloons behind the sentiment. Smart! I used this paper today, too - great minds... <3

Dawn Tidd said...

This is a fun card! Perfect for just about anyone...my favorite kind of birthday card!

Jen Brum said...

Oh Linda! I totally love what you've done with this sketch! That big sentiment and those balloons are perfect! Look at you mastering the colouring! I can't believe your stamps are only 50 cents! We pay $1 each! Craziness!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I always say (with a bit of awe in my voice) that for just 50-cents somebody will come to your house and pick up your envelope and deliver it all the way to Alaska. There's no better deal than that! Whoever that person is he or she is going to love this colorful celebratory birthday card!

Karren said...

Oh what a super-fun take on the sketch this card is! It just makes me smile and I hope it makes its Alaskan recipient smile too.

Cécile RIBON said...

I do love handwritten cards but I love even more to send them ! Your birthday card is sure to make someone dance the happy dance. It's so cheerful. Love the fabulous sentiment and those fun balloons.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! This is amazing - especially the layered sentiment over the balloons - just awesome!