Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Bird Banter.........FMS333






The whole time I was coloring this parrot all I could think of was Sharpie the Gilette parrot asking,  "How're ya fixed for blades?"  Yes I am that old!  He was a sassy cartoon bird who advertised razor blades during the Friday night fights long ago.  I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch those fights but I could watch the opening commercial with Sharpie and then head up to bed.  Strange the things you remember.......I can't remember where I set my glasses down twenty minutes ago but I can remember those commercials from 60 years ago.....scary......


Narelle, our oh so talented friend from Australia, has a fun sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Join us!


                                                      

Stamp Set:  Bird Banter
Ink:  Garden Green, Black, Copics, Distress
Paper:  Whisper White, Tutti Frutti DSP
                                                                     

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute card. Thanks for sharing.

Kim S said...

What a fun scene you created!! LOVE those cute little guys highlighted by the circles!

tonilea said...

Oh, gosh, I love your pretty parrot and the commercial! And the Friday night fights (when Mohammed Ali was Cassius Clay) and Vitalis commercials, and those great Burma Shave road signs. I could go on and on and I bet you could too. And, yeah, I can't remember where my glasses are half the time! It's kind of odd, isn't it. Sure do like your card!

Anonymous said...

Fun card and fun memories! I've had it explained to me that our memory is like a loop, running around and around...the more time the memory has been in the loop, the more likely we are to remember it. Not sure if it's true, but it sounds good! :)

Amy O said...

Cute card, Linda! I love how you've colored these sweet birds, and the peek of that colorful dsp in the background is perfect.

stampwithamyk said...

What a cute card! Love your little parrots...although I've never heard that commercial before. Guess that I'll have to go see if I can find it on YouTube! :)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda what a cute card. Love the parrots! I especially how they are set off by the two circles. Very cool and interesting.
PS: I remember tons of those old commercials and the jingles! however, I have eye glasses in every room and on every surface possible! hugs

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, I love this! Your parrots are beautifully colored and this is just FUN! XX

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks for giving us the birds today, Linda, they are wonderful ... I KNOW I should remember this but don't... perhaps it was because I was watching Sing along with Mitch with my dad. ha!
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

Those parrots are perfect for this sketch. Love the bright colors. I am trying to pull that commercial from my mind's recesses but they're deep! :)

Brian King said...

I love this adorable card, Linda! There's a conversation going on between these two - wish we could hear the whole thing. Great colors and fun layout!

Jen Mitchell said...

So fun that your card reminded you of those old commercials. And I love these colorful birds. Sharpie would be proud!

Tracey McNeely said...

Linda I love your colouring and it is amazing what we remember from our childhood. I remember being allowed to stay up late on Friday nights to watch the Love Noat!

Karren said...

Your wee birds are just too cute and you've used the sketch in such a clever way!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Adorable card Linda! Those circles behind the birds just make this card even more special!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness - this is THE best card I have seen with this set. Those birds are amazing and perfectly coloured - I'm in love with this card!