Friday, January 4, 2019

One of a Kind!





Time to put the Christmas stuff away and start on birthday cards for 2019.  This one is headed to my cousin who loves the ocean.  I am not quite as enamored with it as she is.  I am very happy to keep my feet on the sandy beach while those saltwater critters swim in the sea.  Yes I am THAT person who just eats the sweet corn and salad at lobster fests and clambakes......

As soon as I saw the sketch at Cas(e) this Sketch this week I thought of Sea of Textures with its net and octopus as the elements.  Distress Oxide Inks were blended to create an ocean-y background .





Festive Friday has a BLUE challenge this week.


Stamp Set:  Sea of Textures
Ink:  Fresh Fig, Distress Oxides
Paper:  Whisper White, Crumb Cake

4 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet card! Love the net, perfect sentiment and colors too! :)

I Card Everyone said...

OH my cuteness!! What a fabulous way to interpret that Sketch!!
I am so with you - that's why I stick to my little fresh water ocean! Though I will admit to loving those huge tanks of jellyfish at the aquariums I've visited!
Thanks so very much for joining in the fun at CTS this week, Linda!
=]

Karren said...

Ha! This is such a fun take on the sketch! Great job!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Linda! What an awesome, watercolored background!!! I love the stitching on the edges, too. Thank you for sharing at Festive Friday!