Thursday, June 13, 2019

Fusion: VW Hippie





When I saw this photo at Fusion this week I wanted to start singing about going to San Francisco with flowers in my hair.  I was California Dreamin' for sure!  I may be ready to hop the Peace Train and let those iron wheels Turn Turn Turn while I sit back Feelin' Groovy Imagine the sights I could see!  With a bit of luck maybe I could spot Mr. Tambourine Man or Puff the Magic Dragon or Alice's Restaurant.  But I'm just a Daydream Believer......I'd probably miss the train and end up on The Horse With No Name and get no farther than Scarborough FairBut The Time Has Come Today to stop thinking about the music of my youth.......I miss it.....The Times They Are A-Changing.....

And what were you Groovin' to back in the day?




It's A Beautiful Morning - join us at Fusion!


Stamp Sets:  My Sunshine (SSS), Butterfly Gala, A Big Thank You, Around the Corner, Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Ink:  VersaMark, Distress
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Highland Heather
Tim Holtz Sunshine Stencil

8 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

OH, my! You've got me humming now...and remembering a trip we took way back in '69 to CA. The hippie culture we saw along the way was very interesting to say the least! I love your card, the sunshine background, the colors and those stamps...perfect!!

Brian King said...

Absolutely love the colors you've used on this psychedelic panel. Groovy, for sure!

stampwithamyk said...

Very cute card! Love the sun rays and the cool rainbow sponging. Sweet list of songs too! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Good morning, Starshine! STOP in the name of LOve... I'm Dizzy! your card has such a Groovy Kind of Love!
xx

Linda said...

Wow! What a wonderful blast from the past with my morning coffee! I'll surely be humming some of these great tunes today. Or maybe I'll dust off my LPs and rock the house!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love it Linda! A groovy card for sure and you’ve just given me my playlist for the day!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! I love your sunrays and your beautiful ink blending on the floral panel is just perfect!

As a "Leftover Flower Child", I want to thank you so much for taking me back to a really fun era in my life...your clever rendition of the 60's - 70's music is so clever!!!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh my, how fun this is!!! Those sun rays and beautiful colors, and those adorable flowers, such an awesome card.