Thursday, November 14, 2019

Fusion: Thankful





My mother is in a small assisted living facility and I am very grateful for the care she has received these past four years.  By now I know most of the staff except for the business manager since her department is housed "off site".  Every month I write a note in one of my cards, enclose the "rent" check and drop it off at the main office where it is sent onward through interdepartmental mail.  I have often wondered who reads my cards. Well I am wondering no more!  Last month as I was walking down the hall toward the main office a lady I didn't know walked by and we smiled and said hello.  As she passed she noticed the envelope in my hand and said....."Oh my God you are the card girl!"  

Well first of all I appreciated being called a girl and second of all I was glad to meet the business manager - who told me she had the cards all over her office and looked forward to them every month!  She totally made my day!  I will be sending this card to her this month - wherever she may be...........



Use the sketch or the photo or both to inspire you at Fusion!  Hope you join us!
                                     


The Card Concept has a Thanksgiving theme this week!  I loved the woodgrain, green pumpkin and the trail of flowers and greenery in their photo.





Stamp Set:  Freeform Greenery (Altenew)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Pretty Peacock
Paper: Whisper White, Come to Gather DSP

8 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

What a pretty card...card girl! ;) Love that she has them all over her office! Such a sweet thing to do. :)

Dawn said...

I love this story!

I Card Everyone said...

well, thanks for the tears in my coffee, Linda... you are so very sweet, and it's about time you were thanked properly, as I'm sure not many folks would take the time to send a card, let alone make a card to send that check in!
You've spoken so highly of this facility, I'm sure it is a wonderful place for your sweet mom.
Another fabulous card - and OH MY that DSP is fit to be pied, it's so delicious! xx
=]

Amy O said...

I love this card! And I love the story.

Jen Timko said...

This is when people move up in the "time it took to make the card" category. I love moments of validation for our craft. I'm totally in love with this card.

Julie Gearinger said...

This is gorgeous and I am sure it was so encouraging to hear what she had to say!! I am sure that she thoroughly enjoys and treasures your cards:-) We are thrilled that you shared with story with all of us as well as your beautiful card at The Card Concept- we hope you can play along with us again soon!

Cindy Beach said...

What a story! You are THE card girl, way to go, giving them away! It is so true that we often don't hear how the cards we send are received. LOVE this! A beautiful card, a labor of love.

Pat said...

Love everything about this sharp looking card....love your story too....