Wednesday, March 18, 2020

It's Spring! FMS427





This is a worrisome time but I am doing my best to find smiles where I can.  The snow is almost gone, the sun is warmer and I am still walking my two miles outside every day.  Technology keeps us connected and all of a sudden I have extra crafting and reading time!  

My mother's facility is now enforcing a no visitors policy.  I am grateful they are doing their best to keep the residents safe.  We had our first face time phone call yesterday thanks to Elizabeth, the activities director.  My mother had never seen such a thing and Erin and I kept laughing at her comments and reactions as she tried to figure it out.  She kept pointing to me and telling Elizabeth...."Doesn't she look great?  That's my daughter and she's 93!  You would never know it!"

I do look great for 93!  Hope you find a bit of joy each day......



Narelle has a wonderful sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches - hope you join us!



Stamp Set: Under My Umbrella, Simply Celebrate Spring (Lawn Fawn)
Paper:  Whisper White, Gorgeous Grape, Pleased As Punch DSP
Ink: Memento Black, Gorgeous Grape, Copics

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Well, this is a nice springy card to keep our minds off the craziness in the world! And yes, you look maaaaahvelous for 93, LOL! Bless her heart!

stampwithamyk said...

So sweet! Love your card with those fun spring colors! It is definitely a crazy time...hoping this all comes to an end soon. And you do look fantastic for being 93. ;) Ha!!!

I Card Everyone said...

OH that did give me a chuckle, Linda!!! I'm thinking she was speaking to her own face on the screen … but you [both] really do look great for 93!!!
Such a happy, darling card today … thanks for the smiles during this stress-filled time, my friend!
=]

Mary Anne said...

Such a happy card! Did you fussy cut those flowers?

Linda Callahan said...

Hi Mary Anne.....I stamped the flowers on Whisper White and used my Scan n Cut to cut them out.....

Cindy Beach said...

First your card made me smile and then your story. So glad you were about to Face Time with your Mom.
LOVE this springy card. Those pretty stripes make it pop!

Kim S said...

I LOVE your use of the stripes in the background. How perfect and so cheerful with the spring stamps!

Brian King said...

I love this so very much! Such a great idea to pair these boots and umbrella with the stripes in this paper. A classic!

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet spring card! I love the background paper and this cute boots! So perfect to welcome spring!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is totally gorgeous and would make anyone smile!