Friday, April 10, 2020

Life Askew






Life is definitely askew these days so perhaps that drew me to this design with its stripes askew.  I was watching a video by Kylie Bertucci and about 20 minutes into the video her husband Bruno made a card with off kilter stripes.  It is definitely not my usual type of card but it looked like fun so I thought I would give it a try.  (I seem to have a lot more time for such experimenting these days!) Because I used patterns instead of solid colors I kept the sentiment super simple.


In the meantime someone else is hard at work adding swirls of colors to her Easter Eggs!

                                            





Congrats to the Just Add Ink team celebrating their 500th Challenge!




Paper: Needlepoint Nook DSP, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Die Cut: Friend (SSS)



10 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet card for Easter! Love the design. :) Cute Easter eggs too, looks like she had lots of fun!! :)

Bonnie said...

Beautiful card. What die cut did you use?

Linda Callahan said...

Hi Bonnie.....The die cut is from Simon Says Stamp....was a free gift tucked into an order I did.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I keep meaning to give this new craze a go too Linda - your stripes look great and the simple layered diecut is just enough extra detail.Love Miss Emma's pretty Easter display too!

Nikki Spencer said...

Love that pretty dsp background Linda, so dainty! Thanks for celebrating our 500th challenge at Just Add Ink.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous paper quilting job, Linda! This mix of patterns and colors is so cheerful.

Chantell Randall said...

This is a great layout isn't it. A great way to use up scraps of card or paper. I did a version of it too. I love the selection of pretty papers you have used. Chantell Just Add Ink

Rachael Lewsley said...

Great technique and colour palette! Bold and colourful. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink x

Tina said...

Your card is fabulous! I love the paper and the die cut sentiment is perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Cindy Beach said...

This fabulous card is perfect for day 6 of class.k I love the colors and happy patterns!