Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Little Birdie.....FMS537

 



There's a lot happening on this card but somehow it works for me.  I love the sweet bird and I love that floral DSP - together they make a great team and a sweet note card!

There has been a lot happening in my world these past few months as well.  I am happy to report that my Bell's Palsy has resolved but I had a reaction to the steroids I had to take.  It has taken a while for my system to readjust to "normal".  There has been a lot of napping!  I am doing much better but have decided to take a break through the summer.  So I am stepping back from FMS until fall.  I'll be popping in with a card now and then so I won't be completely gone!  Our summers are too short here in upstate New York so the plan is to kick back and enjoy the next few months!





I love Judy's funky sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Hope you join us!



Stamp Set: Sweet Songbirds

Paper: Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Hues of Happiness DSP

Ink: Versafine Black, Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green, Fresh Freesia

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

As much as I'll miss you, Linda, I'm so happy to hear you'll be putting all your energy into relaxing and taking good care of yourself!
This little freesia feathered friend is so happy for you he's singing! LOVE that dsp!
Biggest hugs...
=]

Marlene said...

Have a good rest. Life can be very hectic at times so put your feet up and enjoy cuppa tea and the sunshinve.

stampwithamyk said...

Such a sweet card! Love the little bird and the pretty background paper! :)

LeAnne said...

So glad to hear you're back to somewhat normal, but we will MISS seeing your fun posts! But enjoy your summer and your family...that's the most important thing! Your card is adorable...that little bird is just the cutest and it works so well with that gorgeous DSP!

Judy Rozema said...

So glad the palsy has resolved. My sister's never did. I totally understand the need to take a step back and just enjoy life and those around you. I will miss seeing your amazing cards each week, but know I can find you and see them now and again on Fusion!! Please take care and keep in touch in the group!!

And this is the cutest little bird scene!!

Lisa Elton said...

Glad you're doing better, Linda and that you're taking the summer off to fully recuperate! Today's card is adorable, what a sweet little bird!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card Linda! I love that cute little birdie and that background paper is gorgeous! I'm so glad you're feeling better and I hope you really enjoy the summer! Our summers are far too short here as well!

Kathy said...

Your work is always beautiful and inspiring. But yes, take care of yourself and enjoy the resting this summer. This card is so cute and well made as always! It is an example of using that "busy but beautiful" DSP and achieving a clean and simple look! Thank you

Sharon said...

The colors work together perfectly. Beautiful!

Jacquie Southas said...

The sweet scene is a perfect complement to the gorgeous paper! Take care of yourself, Linda.

Karren said...

You enjoy your well-deserved break and make the most of your summer! We'll miss you but happy that you're staying on and will pop in from time-to-time. In the meantime, this card is just super-cute!