Thursday, November 15, 2012

Friendship.............PPA147



Thoreau's words about friendship are lovely but I have a few thoughts of my own to add:  

A true friend gladly makes your son's costume for the school play while you vacation in Florida.  

A true friend stealthily rearranges furniture with you at 2 AM and never wakes anyone up.  

A true friend never complains while you wait for a push out of a snowbank that you attempted to plow through before the plow came through.

And a true friend always has Diet Coke in her refrigerator...............



Margaret's sketch this week at Pals Paper Arts is a fun one!

                                                       

9 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

It's nice to have true friends! I'd say this was perfect for one of those. The colors are so warm and the embossing on the panels is yummy, Linda! I'm going to have to pull these out now.

Marisa said...

Way to work the sketch, Linda! Love the BG paper and lovely mix of colours. Your true friend comments made me smile too :) Can't say I have ever moved furniture at 2 a.m. ;)

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda when I first saw this sketch I thought... WOW! That is Margaret?/...it's pretty busy, but now that I've seen the DT samples I feel better. Your card is so fresh looking. Love the colors for this pretty fall card. I have the DSP and have only used ONE paper in the pack.Love this though.
Hugs

Margaret Moody said...

This is beautiful, Linda! Love the textured panels of colors against the DSP! Great quote too! Sounds like you have some true friends who are absolutely wonderful!

Patti MacLeith said...

The colors rock!!

Mary Fish said...

luscious blocks of color and wonderful way to show off the sketch!

None None said...

Beautiful card, Linda! I love the color combination you used

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Linda! I love the "pop" of Midnight Muse! The colors and texture combine to make such a warm and inviting card!

Mike said...

Great job mixing patterns and textures, Love the colors too!