Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Simple Thanks - Pals Thanksgiving Hop

                                                 
                                          2013novhop_badge







The Pals are celebrating Thanksgiving time with a hop that says thanks!  Hope you enjoyed your stop at Lisa's Queen Bee Creations!  I created my Thank You card using the sketch at Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 197 and kept the design clean and simple.  I will be sending this off to my sister-in-law at the end of the month because she hosts our family Thanksgiving every single year!  She often asks us to tell what we are thankful each year before we eat and the usual responses are of course family, friends, health etc. Last year I believe I said I was thankful for the arrival of sweet Emma!  But the cold hard truth is that every year there is also another thankful thought in my heart that I never really mention.  I am always grateful that I am not the one cooking dinner for twenty people.......



                                    Your next stop is with Diane Roberts - enjoy!




2013novhop_next













The complete hop line up:

  1. Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven's Retreat
  2. Ann Schach at The Stampin' Schach
  3. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
  4. Carmen Sublasky at The Creative Stamptuary
  5. Shirley Sumption at Look at my Cute Stuff
  6. Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
  7. Connie Lindsey at Crafting a Joyful Life
  8. Michelle Gleeson at Stampinmojo
  9. Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
  10. Colleen Mollema at Uncanny Crafting
  11. Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery's Owlery
  12. Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness.com
  13. Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
  14. Amy L. Lazzell at Just A Thought...Cards by Amy
  15. Lisa Davis at Cherry St. Paper Treats
  16. Shannon Jaramillo at ezpeasycards
  17. Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
  18. Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
  19. Donna Kopenski at craftycardmaker
  20. Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
  21. Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
  22. Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
  23. Linda Callahan at Stampin' Seasons
  24. Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
  25. Brian King at Stamp with Brian
  26. Beth Beard at My little craft blog
  27. Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb...
  28. Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
  29. Sue Becker at Sue's R n R Stamping
  30. Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
  31. Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
  32. Marlene Heringer at So Many Toys in Schertz






                                        

19 comments:

Amy O said...

I love that big, bold "Thank You." Your colors and chevron dsp accent it so nicely, too. Beautiful card, Linda!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the color scheme and the strip of pattern running down the side.

p.s. Your sister-in-law needs a set of flowers to go with the card. LOL I'm only cooking for 14 and I'm *ordering* the ham and turkey! :)

Ann Schach said...

Yowza, Linda! So bold and beautiful! Like you...I am always thankful that my sister hosts the big Thanksgiving meal!

Marisa said...

Love the clean lines! Fabulous use of the sketch too :)

Darnell said...

I am pinning this delightful card, Linda! I love the design, all the sweet elements, and the colors!! Hugs, Darnell

Marlene said...

I love everything about this card. The colors are terrific.

Debbie Mageed said...

Gorgeous card, Linda!!! Love, love, love those colors together! Not cooking is indeed something that I always thankful for as well. LOL

Anonymous said...

great use of the stamp set! so crisp & clean.

hugs, m

Dawn Tidd said...

Love this, Linda! I'm glad to see you didn't forget the Candy Dots. I may CASE this one for a class! Bless your sister-in-law's heart!

Unknown said...

This card is up to your usual high standards, Linda! Fresh, clean, lovely with just the right amount of detail! I love the addition of crushed curry particularly with the banner ribbon. It is funny the things we notice... I have always cut my banner edges with the chevron... yours is against and I like it better!! Yes, Thanksgiving dinner is at a friend's house this year. Lucky me, LOL!!

Greta said...

Beautiful color combo & great sketch which you used to perfection!

Michelle Gleeson said...

I love this "thank you" but I never thought to put it in a circle always a square or rectangle. It gives it a whole new look. Perfect! Thank you for the inspiration.

Just a Thought... said...

Wow!! Love your card!! Makes a such a statement!! Love it!!! I'm thankful I'm still cooking Thanksgiving in my home!! One day I know that will change, but for now... I'm happy. :C)

Beth Beard said...

I just knew you would have a show stopper...love the colors and your design. It's very beautiful!

Texas Schoolmarm said...

I love your use of color; it gives the card a fresh, modern feel.

Rae said...

one word WOW! Great, great card Linda! TFS

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda love this card and the layout as well. The colors look fab together and I especially like the Large Font on the Thank You....
We also go around the table giving thanks and I'll have to borrow the "Not making dinner" IF it ever applies! hugs

Shannon Jaramillo said...

What a lovely card, the color combination is SO striking...and the details are fantastic! Love it!!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Striking and says a great big thanks! LOVE!