Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Winter Joy.....FMS114


Snowflakes are falling around here and the winter Olympics will be here soon.  My husband is a retired ski coach and can't wait for the events.  In the meantime Emma and I have our own Olympic events.  Every morning we start our day with the dishwasher derby. I open the dishwasher and try to unload it faster than she can reload it with various toys and household items. Then we head to the laundry room for the washer/dryer relay.  I hand her the wet clothes and she puts each one carefully into the dryer.  Of course the light switch on the dryer door must be flicked each time to announce the arrival of a new garment.  Then it's time for rock climbing. She crawls upstairs as many times as her grandfather has the patience to carry her back down and let her climb again. My role in this activity is to divert her attention when the event is over so Grandpa can lock the gate at the bottom. A handful of goldfish works every time!  Here is Emma watching some real goldfish this week at Pet Smart........perhaps that is giving her some inspiration for summer Olympic events!




   Linda Suarez loves snowflakes - and so do I -  and put them in her sweet sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches. (and so did I!)
                                   

13 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

No wonder you're tired! Who is in training, you or Emma? I love the silver snowflake and that bit of ribbon tied through the embellishment is perfect!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love these colors, Linda! The little embellishment is perfect!!

Marisa said...

Love that teal colour and snowflake image! Great take on the sketch. Had to giggle at the on going energy of a toddler - memory flashbacks! Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving :)

Julia Aston said...

This card looks so regal with the silver embossing and beautiful blue - and what a fun story about a day with Emma! I'm exhausted just reading it LOL!!!

Jen Brum said...

I love this card Linda! It's just so beautiful! Love the cut out circle! What a neat idea! Emma is hilarious! You're such a good and patient Grandma! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Jen Mitchell said...

First of all, the colors on this card are so striking and I'm kicking myself six ways to Sunday that I didn't get that DSP (even though I'm drowning in the stuff). And secondly hooray for you! That precious girl sounds exhausting!

Jenny Engelke said...

I love how you incorporated the circle cutout with the snowflake image.....so clever! Happy Thankgiving! It sounds like it will be a busy one chasing Emma!

Karren said...

Such a gorgeous card, Linda and a cute story - so well told!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda this card is fantastic and so is the Olympics! Love it. hugs.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous Linda! I love your circle cutout to show off your snowflake! We've just had our hotest day here today and you're having snow!

Linda Suarez said...

I love the teal and silver! Beautiful Christmas card Linda!

Darnell said...

I love how you designed your striking card around the sketch, Linda! I'm so CASEing this someday! More than that, I was oohing and aahing over the Emma Olympics! If ONLY they could stay that age forever and ever - or at least for three or four years!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I love this sweet snowflake and the placement! Such a pretty card, Linda! Aren't grandchildren precious, exhausting, but precious! And she is adorable!