Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Whew! FMS299






Directions to make this card:

1 - Mask off rectangles and sponge inks in rainbow order to create vertical elements.

2 - Choose a large Happy Birthday sentiment and balloon images to stamp but decide to cut a stitched border before stamping.

3 - Make the Big Shot sandwich and totally fail to notice that there is a die stuck to the underside of the top plate.........


because there is cardstock being used as a shim on top of the plate which hides the rogue die!



4 -   Run your sandwich with the stowaway die through the Big Shot and end up with a stitched frame AND the word friend cut out in the middle of your project!

5 - Swear......loud enough so the Big Guy hollers "What's wrong?"

6 - Head to the kitchen for a bowl of ice cream then return to craft room fortified and ready to start all over.

7 -  Look at the ruined card front still on the desk and think......"Wait maybe I can save this!"

8 - A bit of trimming, a switch to butterflies and flowers, and a bit more diecutting and a new creation is born!

Whew this stamping stuff is hard work!






Kim our oh so talented designer from out west has a great sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Hope you join us!



Stamp Sets:  Jar of Love (SU), Blissful Butterflies (Pretty Pink Posh)
Paper: Whisper White, Dapper Denim
Ink: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Dapper Denim, Distress
Lovely Words Thinlits (SU)
Glitter Enamel Dots (SU)

19 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Ha!! Love that "friend" snuck into the middle of your project unnoticed until you pulled it out of the Big Shot...when that stuff happens to me, it always ends up being cut with half of it hanging off one edge! Good save, love your card...and if you hadn't explained what happened, I'd have thought that was your original design!

Brian King said...

What a super-fun card! Expect the unexpected - a great motto with cardmaking. I love your step-by-step instructions. You are always so thorough and clear. This gave me quite a chuckle. Love it!

LeAnne said...

LOL, I'd say that was a happy accident! I particularly like the part where you stopped halfway through to get ice cream...the universal fix-all! It's a wonderful creation and your shaded panels are perfect...I need a tutorial on that!

Bonnie Alexander said...

Most unique directions I've read, love them and the card! Thanks

Mike said...

You trend setter! What a great "accidental" technique. You know I'm going to CASE this, right? And I'll give you full credit. This kind of "ooops!" deserves full recognition!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda you are too funny! I think some of us have had the hidden die experience too....8-(

Your card however turned out to perfection! LOVE the rainbow shading on the taped off rectangles..... Really striking! The big oval works marvelously... especially with the "friend" die cut greeting. Hugs.

Miss Emilie said...

oh now I know where to look when a die goes missing! Great instructions on this card, will the video be released soon? LOL

Amy O said...

Leave it to you to make lemonade out of lemons! I love the sponged rectangles and the beautiful colors. Cute card and story!

LynnsLocker said...

I know I only comment about once every 2 years; but, I have to comment on your blog post today! I've had a really rough last couple of weeks and to read your blog post today just cracked me up! Thanks for the much needed laugh!!!
And, I mentioned to you years ago that you should write a book as you are so good with words! I'm still waiting for that book!!! =)
Blessings!

I Card Everyone said...

Phew, indeed! Linda, I'd love to see what it looked like prior to it's magical, magnificent transformation! OH SO pretty!!! Which was the hidden culprit? one of the blooms, perhaps?
=]

Dawn Tidd said...

Well, you took a lemon and made lemonade!! This turned out so cute and I sat for a minute trying to figure out how you made it and it was a happy mistake! Card making it hard work but yours had a great outcome, as always!! :)

Lynn Hoyt said...

You are just too funny! Love your how to story! And what a great card it made!

Kim S said...

LOVE your stenciled strips - fabulous colors. And I simply refuse to believe that the rest of it was an accident!! The "friend" was meant to be!

Karren said...

Well, you certainly turned a potential disaster into a win! If you hadn't told the story, I would have totally thought this was deliberate. A very cool card! Inquiring minds want to know which particular swear words you used :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this made me laugh but your card survived and is totally gorgeous! Those stencilled rectangles are sooooo cool - I LOVE this card!

Jen Brum said...

Oh Linda! I love reading your blog posts! I giggle pretty much every time!!! You're a hoot! I love this card. It turned out perfectly! The colours are beautiful and I love those flowers and the butterflies! It's just so pretty!

Cécile RIBON said...

Linda, beside a talented card maker you're also a terrific storyteller! I would have loved seeing you eating your ice cream to avoid a nervous breakdown ! More seriously, your card is absolutly fantastic and that unexpected Friend is a perfect match for your amazing sponged rectangles.

Jen Mitchell said...

Nice save! There are no mistakes in stamping and your card is proof positive that's true! And I love how you die cut the "friend" oval out of your sponged layer. That's such a great look!

Jen Timko said...

Um, I think it was simply meant to be! I was coming over to say that this may be a new fave of mine from you and then you story had me in stitches (as always). And I will now incorporate ice cream into my system when things go wrong. It clearly made all the difference!