Thursday, July 11, 2019

Fusion: Ombre





I tried three different colors for my flowers before settling on lavender.  It reminded me of an experiment my third graders would do when we studied plants.  The kids loved to see a white chrysanthemum change color when food coloring was added to the water in the vase.  And it never failed every year someone would think of splitting the stem and using two - or more -  vases of colored water to create a multicolored flower.  And it also never failed that someone would spill their vase and go home wearing a big yellow - or orange - or blue splot.......I miss those little kids!


So many options with this week's Fusion challenge!  Hope you join us!

                            

Stamp Set:  Inspiring Iris
Ink:  Mellow Moss, Pear Pizzazz, Fresh Fig
Paper: Whisper White, Floral Romance DSP






7 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors and your sweet flowers. :)

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful! Your flowers work so well with that dreamy background! As I was taking my walk yesterday, I saw the Queen Anne's Lace was blooming along the roadside, and I remember coloring them with food coloring too! Maybe I can convince Miss Cassidy to take a walk and pick some this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Linda, I remember 3rd grade as being my favorite - you know it was because of the teacher! I'm betting you were splendid at it … and your card is just that, too: splendid!
You picked the perfect color for this pretty bloom, and for your perfectly fabulous DSP!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! Your background is so pretty and I love that you chose lavender for your flowers!
I'll bet you were a really amazing teacher and I'll bet those little 3rd-graders are missing you, too! My 3rd-grade teacher, 'Sister Annunciata' never mentioned the word 'science'...can you believe that? Thanks for the science lesson :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Enjoyed your teaching story and well remember the whole osmosis lesson we all apparently had with changing flower colors!

Jen Mitchell said...

What pretty flowers! I love the story about the kids. They sure are smart!

Kim S said...

I did not have that stamp set on my wishlist - but you've shown me that that cute little flower is worth the entire set!